EAST KENT MODELS, Spare Parts'. Closing Down.

David Todd

I sent an email,yesterday morning,to enquire,if they were still trading.

Received,a reply email,earlier this morning.

Hello there,

We are still here, just!

Our Closing Sale Spare Part files are attached in "PDF" format which we hope you find useful.

See last pages of lists for postage charges, payment methods, optional order form, etc.

EAST KENT MODELS

I suggest,anyone looking for "spares", contact them via email, below, to receive,their spares lists' in PDF format, to download to your computer.

Thanks.dt

ekmodels@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

Does anybody else sell the coach bogies for the Triang/Hornby clerestory roof coaches ? I want the later, Chinese-produced bogies without the step ; these give the correct buffer height. I have emailed East Kent models a few times but get no reply. I bought the bogies off them last time.

• 10 months later...

Does anybody else sell the coach bogies for the Triang/Hornby clerestory roof coaches ? I want the later, Chinese-produced bogies without the step ; these give the correct buffer height. I have emailed East Kent models a few times but get no reply. I bought the bogies off them last time.

I am still looking for these....does anybody know who sells them now ?

• 3 weeks later...

1. I am still looking for the replacement bogies for the Triang Clerestory coaches ; the ones without the step.  I doubt that East Kent Models had them made especially for them in China so they must be available from somebody else. Any recent ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

2. Is it possible to remove the wheels from the very old style of Triang Bogies where the ends of the axles are visible from the sides ? I have a feeling that the axles are too far in to be able to do this without damaging the bogie.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

In answer to your second question, yes, I did it years ago. You have to push the axle out through the holes, it doesn't matter which side you push from. Just make sure you support the axlebox the axle is coming out of (I.e the other side from where you're pushing) as that's what holds the wheels in place as the axle slides through.

Hth,

Mark

It was years ago, so I can't quite remember. I think i may have tried putting 2mm romford bearings in the open holes but then found the pin point axles were too short. I recall that the flanged bearings were a good fit, though. At the time, I expect I then just put the originals back (this was pre-internet so there was no Google search for another solution!)

Cheers,

Mark

• 1 month later...

OK, so EKM have closed (just called, to find myself speaking to a pub).

SO: does anyone know of a spares agent who breaks locos into parts to obtain the parts that Hornby will not supply (spare bodies, tenders etc)...? This was an excellent part of the EKM service, and a lifeline to the hobby.

Peters Spares do not seem to do this, certainly not with any regularity.

OK, so EKM have closed (just called, to find myself speaking to a pub).

SO: does anyone know of a spares agent who breaks locos into parts to obtain the parts that Hornby will not supply (spare bodies, tenders etc)...? This was an excellent part of the EKM service, and a lifeline to the hobby.

Peters Spares do not seem to do this, certainly not with any regularity.

Hi All...

I have to confirm that East Kent Models, the famous Tri-ang and Hornby Parts suppliers (Amongst other things!) HAS now closed down. Most of the remaining stock has now gone to Peter's Spares, who are now listing the parts. It may take some time to list it all!

East Kent Models has been a good source of spares for some time, and will be missed by many!

Regards,

Sarah....

Archived