Ripple Lane BR(E) East London 1980s/90s.

Pete 75C

You planning on including a multi storey car park or something?

No. I'm just wishlisting as a way of distracting myself. As with North Street, there will be room for a bus, a lorry, a couple of vans and maybe half a dozen cars. I'm still tracklaying which I find a bit tedious and it's going quite slowly. What I really want to be doing is constructing the road bridge, making the platforms, laying cable trunking etc etc. I know the trackwork is important, it's just not something that I particularly enjoy. Bring on the fun stuff!

You planning on including a multi storey car park or something?

Straight outta the box.  http://www.ehattons.com/38678/Bachmann_Branchline_44_210_Low_Relief_Multi_storey_Car_Park_337_x_100_x_165mm_/StockDetail.aspx

Another South London essential?

http://www.ehattons.com/107475/Bachmann_Branchline_44_265_Low_Relief_Block_of_flats/StockDetail.aspx

Edited by cromptonnut
  • Like 1

I suggest a quick (or not so quick) browse at http://www.ayrey.co.uk/ ... make a list, and give my local model shop an email (http://www.scalerail.com/) with your list, tell them Andrew sent you,  and I'm sure they will be able to get all your vehicular needs

I am sure they can do most, but the infamous exception is the Austin Maxi - I think it was car of the year once and very,very common but no-one makes it, at all. I have been searching for one for years.

On the Sweeney, am I imagining it, or didn't they have a different car to the Consul in the first series? Wasn't it a Ford Cortina Mark III?

I am sure they can do most, but the infamous exception is the Austin Maxi - I think it was car of the year once and very,very common but no-one makes it, at all. I have been searching for one for years.

Apparently the Austin Maxi is out there in 1:76 - Tri-ang Minix did one many years ago, one on Ebay Italy a few months back http://www.ebay.it/itm/Tri-ang-Minix-No-12-Austin-Maxi-1800-in-white-1-76-scale-/252090560790?hash=item3ab1c4b116

I

On the Sweeney, am I imagining it, or didn't they have a different car to the Consul in the first series? Wasn't it a Ford Cortina Mark III?

See link in post #70 above, mk3 cortina was a sidekick to the main player.

Well, after a week of tracklaying... I'm not finished yet! It's taken a little longer than I thought, the biggest headache was getting the Code 82 flatbottom and the Code 75 bullhead to match up with the pointwork which meant ages adjusting sleeper spacing etc. All feeds are wired and rails soldered to copperclad across the baseboard join but I've yet to actually cut the rail. I still need to do the right-hand board/fiddleyard and the track into Platform 1 is missing as I try and work out if having this track on a slightly different level would look good or odd. A small amount of progress is still progress though.

Once the last of the track is down, I'll make sure everything works and then get the masking tape out to give the track a basic weathering in preparation for ballasting.

post-17811-0-13218900-1446995610.jpg

post-17811-0-47138700-1446995611.jpg

post-17811-0-36396700-1446995612.jpg

post-17811-0-44385500-1446995613.jpg

• Like 7

I am sure they can do most, but the infamous exception is the Austin Maxi...

O.M.G. (as my daughter would say). Mike's mention of the Austin Maxi being elusive in model form reminded me of a real one from my youth. Just around the corner from my mum and dad's house in Wallington, one was slowly rotting away on someone's drive. Full of tarpaulins and bin bags etc, it looked like it was being used as a shed.

For some reason, I found myself wandering around on Streetview this morning AND IT'S STILL THERE!!! It's been sitting on that driveway for 30 years if it's been there a day. Un-be-lievable.

:O

post-17811-0-13712800-1446997535.jpg

post-17811-0-18855400-1446997868.jpg

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 6

Go on Pete, photo a bus on the 'bridge' - you know you want to. ;)

One? I'm planning at least three... you wait forever for a cliché and then loads come along at once...

I mean now!

If I get the buses out now, that'll be me on the floor for hours making "Brum Brum" noises. "Grow up" the wife'll say. I'll grow up some other day, thanks.

O.M.G. (as my daughter would say). Mike's mention of the Austin Maxi being elusive in model form reminded me of a real one from my youth. Just around the corner from my mum and dad's house in Wallington, one was slowly rotting away on someone's drive. Full of tarpaulins and bin bags etc, it looked like it was being used as a shed.

For some reason, I found myself wandering around on Streetview this morning AND IT'S STILL THERE!!! It's been sitting on that driveway for 30 years if it's been there a day. Un-be-lievable.

:O

attachicon.gifmaxi.jpg

attachicon.gifmaxi01.jpg

Yes, I had one too, when SM at Brighton, and fondly remember a Sweeney moment when we had a reported body on the line near Falmer. The BT Police needed me to be with them to make sure the power was off, show them the nearest access point etc etc. I told them to follow me. It must have been an interesting sight as the Maxi crawled up the steepish Falmer hill in the "fast" lane, screaming to get up to 55, with a police car slowly following me, its blue light flashing away merrily and two-tones blasting my eardrums....Even the black van to collect the body, beat us to it.

Edited by Mike Storey
  • Like 2

Go on Pete, photo a bus on the 'bridge' - you know you want to. ;)

I see the Sweeny got into your psyche, even before the scenery is done you've got the old bil in shot #85

For Andy (with a little something thrown in for Colin too)...

post-17811-0-86329300-1447059372.jpg

Playtime's over. Need to get the depot tracks laid.

• Like 5

I might have a Minix model Austin Maxi somewhere if you are still looking for one.

Thanks Peter. The Maxi is on my eventual hit list, but it's not life or death. In reality, there's probably only so many vehicles I can fit on the layout without things looking daft!