Bachmann Cancelled Items - 37-340

I have just had an email from eHattons informing me that the production of the 37-340 Intermodal Bogie Wagons with 2 x 45ft Curtain-Sided containers ‘P&O Ferrymaster’ are cancelled. Now this is disappointing as I was looking forward to having these containers. But two questions for the forum arise.

Firstly, have there been another other cancellations from the 2013/14 catalogue?

Secondly, does this mean even more delayed products, namely the Class 158 announced in 2012/13, shall be cancelled?

I cannot find any public announcement from Bachmann about the cancellation and eHattons say they cannot comment.

I doubt that the 158 would be cancelled, according to the last Bachmann Times it was "in the drawing office"

So CAD then prototype samples......

A while yet then....

Intermodals were mentioned but only with tank containers.

Could have been an issue with getting permission from P&O for permission to use their name/logo perhaps?

Just a theory....

They've done the Ferrymasters livery before on the 13.6m dry boxes - have they also cancelled the other livery for the curtainsides (Geest?)

• RMweb Gold

Could have been an issue with getting permission from P&O for permission to use their name/logo perhaps?

Just a theory....

P&O Ferrymasters and P&O Ferries have both recently had a brand refresh. New P&O Ferrymasters containers now being blue with the revised logo instead of yellow.

Archived