RMweb

'Cambrian Street'

BobM

Evening

Whilst my tea has been in the oven have applied a coveting to the formed earthwork of the ramp.

4B1F8730-7AAE-4FE9-B451-0243BFC60805.jpeg.718f10de87d81c390e5ac6f5190de37a.jpeg

08DBA3F7-7837-440A-A05A-664B74CACAC3.jpeg.844fcbd7ed05d354bd1251dcae59bc73.jpeg

Regards always

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 7

Evening Guys.......

With the applied balsa wood sand and seal now dry and smooth, have added base colours to the surfaces of the track bed and ground surround the coal stage, the mortar colour has also been painted over the brickwork of the retaining walls.....

Please stay safe and well my friends, I need you!

Regards always,

Bob

IMG_2327.JPG IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG  IMG_2325.JPG

Edited by BobM
Reload images
  • Like 8

Hi

The plan is to cover the white earthworks with a light stone colour, then dry brush two further darker tones (made from the base colour) as the base tone. Over this it will then have grass scatter added to produce the vegetation. May perhaps add one or two ‘larger’ indications of bushy growth?

Will keep you good guys posted.

Regards always 

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

Evening.........

After the application of a darker earth tone had drier, an initial layer of Woodland Scenics Blended Turf Earth Blend has been scattered over the earthworks of the ramp.....

When dry will scatter a thin layer of  lighter green to highlight one or two spots, then some rougher bushier growth where or if required?

Will keep you updated.......

Regards always

Bob

IMG_2340.JPG    IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

Edited by BobM
photos reinstall attempt
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.....

Good to be back with you all....will post as and when we all settle back into things....

Hope all are well?

Regards always

Bob

• Like 2

Hi Guys

Sad that we've lost the image record but hey, we are all back together...and that is the most important thing....

Regards always

Bob

• Like 3

Evening my dear friends......

Hope all are well and we can all reestablish contact......

Just to get things back up and running on here thought I'd post what the current look of the coal stage is since the photos were lost.....

Have worked on the grass ramp, toning down the look somewhat......

It is great to be back with you all.....

IMG_0388.JPG.8f588967d0fc6de0e1e44ad244793124.JPG    IMG_0386.JPG.d516be53f07fc9ad7b9cdc8f3546a1ea.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG.b609e4673a79c0ad1c402af91d5ca7a9.JPG

Regards always

Bob

• Like 8

On 19/03/2022 at 21:10, BobM said:

IMG_2342.JPG.8116a2cc7055d0aa67a59f01527c9151.JPG

Hi

Reloaded a missing image by editing the original posting...?

Whether this is a practical option as may be all out of sequence...?

Bob

Edited by BobM

• RMweb Gold

Well I still have all my photos from Tewkesbury Bob so maybe I can upload them into the correct places on the thread. It might be worth asking Andy the mod about it. 

Regards Lez. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Evening all...

Hope all are well?

Just a thought on the way ahead following the loss of much of the visual record of building Cambrian Street,  rebuilding the imagery would take an awfully long time but is possible as all the images are stored on a cloud drive and there for rebuilding, however doing so would be a diversion from advancing the layout, so will be done slowly and overtime.

What I will do is post images of the sections on the layout as they stand now for a base start for the future....hope that makes sense?

Regards always, stay safe....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I've done mine over the last 3 days Bob. But then I don't have 112 pages. It was a bit of a faff as the new server didn't like the aspect ratio of my photos and didn't orientate the photos correctly when I up loaded them so I had to change each photo before loading them. It wasn't hard to do it just took a bit of time.

Regards Lez.   

• Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

I've done mine over the last 3 days Bob. But then I don't have 112 pages. It was a bit of a faff as the new server didn't like the aspect ratio of my photos and didn't orientate the photos correctly when I up loaded them so I had to change each photo before loading them. It wasn't hard to do it just took a bit of time.

Regards Lez.   

Thanks Lez,

I'll let the 'dust settle' to see how things go, I'm planning to upload images of what I have and take it from there.....?

At least loosing some of the images will hide many mistakes I've made eh?....😉

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys.....

Just to say that I haven't ceased work on Cambrian Street, far from it. However I have been somewhat distracted by the donation to Arley Station of a layout, from the family of the the late 'John' Smith.....I have become custodian of it here at home whilst it's future home and destiny are decided.

In the interim I am hopefully repairing damaged and faded items whist it is with myself as we currently don't have room at Arley to display or work upon it safely, if you'd like to view 'Arley's' progress the link is here to follow...?

Regards always

Bob

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Sorry for the silence on both forums.......here and Rebuilding Johns layout

I have only just been discharged from hospital, after having a heart attack and undergoing treatment....

Will post further  when able....

Regards always

Bob

• Friendly/supportive 12

Good grief! So sorry to hear that Bob. I hope you are on the mend. Take care and don't push yourself too much. I see you had a nice mention on the Hornby magazine channel recently. Keep well and take care. 

John 

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, 380John said:

Good grief! So sorry to hear that Bob. I hope you are on the mend. Take care and don't push yourself too much. I see you had a nice mention on the Hornby magazine channel recently. Keep well and take care. 

John 

Thanks my friend.

Yes it's been a bit of a blur all round, have to be off work 6 weeks,,,,?

Missed the Hornby items, what was it about?

Regards

Bob

It was a look at Taw Valley as Elizabeth II, and as part of it a bit of a chat with staff at the SVR. 37:40 is around the mark Arley is reached and I believe you are mentioned. 

Get well soon

John