O gauge B set bogies

Somerset73

I've recently picked up a pair of 7mm E145 coaches to form a B set. They're Westdale so didn't come with bogies which I knew, but as I have a budget and enjoy building things they seemed to Be worth getting.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to where to get 2 pairs of 9 foot GWR fish-belly bogies, or something like them?

I've looked at JLTRT and Easybuild. Both seem to fit the bill but I'd much prefer a bit of guidance from any of you who have more experience with Westdale and O gauge in general.

Thanks for any help any of you can offer.

Premier components list a 9' G.W. standard bogie at 20 quid ready built but excluding wheels.  I've had their LMS & LNER ones and found them excellent.  I've also had the JLRT American bogies in etched (v.complicated) and whitemetal (poor quality for the price). I'd go with Premier every time.

Ray.

• 1 month later...

Sorted it. 

Thank you to those of you who answered my call for help.

I took a while looking at the suggestions and eventually went for the "Easybuild" bogies. I had to make a balance between cost/family time and something that did the job well, so these won hands down and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

The bogies worked out at just over £25 per coach, with lovely wheels and bearings. They were built in less than an evenings work for all 4 bogies and though they may not be the finest detail they look great and run smoothly. Best of all Shawn was easy to deal with and even made the trip to meet me while I was working in Bodmin to save me the postage costs.

Credit where it's due, Easybuild are well worth the money and from my first (there will be more) experience of them, come highly recommended    

Premier components list a 9' G.W. standard bogie at 20 quid ready built but excluding wheels.  I've had their LMS & LNER ones and found them excellent.  I've also had the JLRT American bogies in etched (v.complicated) and whitemetal (poor quality for the price). I'd go with Premier every time.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Is there any chance of a photo of the Premier LNER bogies please? I hope to be in need of some very soon. It's a shame that they don't list any fox bogies because I nee a few of those too.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry Rob but I sold the carriage the were under and only have LMS ones now.  All I can say was the castings were very clean and the machining on the bolster very accurate which gave a nicely equalized bogie (they come pre-assembled).  IIRC you only had to remove 2 little self tappers, insert the wheelsets, and re-assemble - easy!

Cheers,

Ray.

Archived