looking good Paul , like the yellow crane !

I think I have got an item of your cracking scratch built modelling on the last few layouts now Baz.

It's not fixed yet, just located for fun.

Can you knock up the block and tackle, or an electric winch for it, ( working obviously) if you got 5 mins free? Lol.

Start looking for crap for my tarmac plant, conveyors, screens, silos (square) kiln etc.

You've got about two months heads up.

Paul. Did you say you can't make the after show de brief? If so, I'll keep you updated.

Ps did richard get his documents he left at show.

electric winch was made but could not find it ! I've prob got a load of bits (junk) that will come in handy for the next project, got some ECC Hornby PGA (resprayed with fox transfers) hoppers approx 14 of them need bit of TLC . Not sure if Richard got his docs , have not seen much of him. Won't make the debrief so keep me upto date

Baz

The front of the layout was cut out about a month ago, from 6mm MDF at B&Q. Glued and screwed on and painted up.

Gives the enclosed scenario I prefer.post-9901-0-26053100-1456085632_thumb.jpg

post-9901-0-75084900-1456085817_thumb.jpg

Dug out the stock off sanatorium road for a trial run, odd Kadee missing, and details dropped off but I think it will look ok.

Additional stock moves proved troublesome and additional track cleaning will be required.post-9901-0-10167000-1456086459_thumb.jpgpost-9901-0-62512300-1456086474_thumb.jpg

Work on the FAA continues, found a white metal kit at a show recently which will be added to the plastic one for a run out on VOPAK.post-9901-0-27325800-1456086492_thumb.jpgpost-9901-0-66262200-1456086596_thumb.jpg

A pair of snow ploughs will need additional Kadees for shunting on the layout.

• 3 weeks later...

With the Derby show approaching, (an outing for Vopak terminal) some new stock has arrived at Elliot Rail Services for re-branding.

Having arrived on a stock move from Hattons, a set of Dapol Megafrets, and a Dapol KTA are to be respray EWS maroon for a trial run of large boxs from ADJ Newport to Dow.

They are currently in the spray oven baking, whilst two former 45' Malcolm logistics boxs are also rebranded in Hapag Lloyd.

They should be out on the tarmac apron tomorow evening prior to decals being added.

I would, especially with your track record of upsetting multi-national companies.

l

I just hope BLUE CIRCLE don't get their nose put out of joint on the next project then.....

• 1 month later...

Looks interesting. What on earth is it?!?

It had an artic support truck with it and a small crew cab jeep, and it had "rail cutting and grinding" on the side.

The web sites are Austrian, so nothing there yet. But I have read the lorry stats for size etc. 18m.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well I've moved house, built a loft conversion, and a new railway room, and made the choice to go to O gauge.

The layout room can only hold Vopak, so Elliot rail is being sold.

To fund the transition.........

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to say what a cracking layout as I've read the article in the current issue of BRM.

Can I be cheeky and ask what's happened to the layout as you state it's being sold.

Cheers

Colin

Im attempting to sell it on ebay as we speak. But with limited interest at present.

Archived