There will be a North light shed running along the back scene, similar to that at Barry shed.post-9901-0-80780300-1449522540.jpg

I'm going to build it in sections cut from a 3mm sheet of MDF a, the laser will only cut A2 size in length, and the shed is around 1200mm long, bigger than the A2.

So I have drawn up a template for each unit, and we will see what happens, the plan is to clad it in plasticard brickwork,

post-9901-0-26739000-1449522844.jpg

post-9901-0-45202200-1449522868.jpg

The plan is to replace the temporary mimic board ( laminated paper) with a similar one from thicker styrene and set it into the upper valance ( not fitted yet) the operation will all be from the front.

Bit concerned over the Kadee magnets they are so powerful they can move the metal axles on a wagon, causing it to wobble back and forth until it shudders to a halt. I got four of them installed. Uhmmmmmmm.?

Bit concerned over the Kadee magnets they are so powerful they can move the metal axles on a wagon, causing it to wobble back and forth until it shudders to a halt. I got four of them installed. Uhmmmmmmm.?

That's why your big brother abandoned Kadee's and adopted Spratt and Winkle's

• 2 weeks later...

Started the new year with a few hours on the boards, started by gluing down 5mm foam board with PVA to the Sundeala, this is slightly high compared to the level of track, but hardly Noticeable.

Then took lengths of code 100 rail turned it upside down and supa glued it down as a check rail, ( turned it upside down to get it closer to the actual rail, as the pandrol clips are in the way on the sleeper moulding.

Then mixed up some filler and filled the gaps between rails, and the foam board / rail.

I will smooth the filler down and paint it up as concrete, and then glue printed Tarmac sheets from scale scenes using PVA.

post-9901-0-73192900-1451666368.jpg

The North light backscene low relief building begins to take shape,tried gluing plasticard to card using copydex. Works, but. When I cut into the glued up laminate with a scalpel the copydex snags and forms snot like bogies that pull out between the joint.

I stopped using the copydex and carried on with supa glue and activator.

Need a number of arch bricks for the lintels, available from wills but I am seeing if Wattsy will etch and cut some out on his laser.post-9901-0-02465000-1451666722.jpg

Next will see the photo backscene ordered and glued up.

And assembly of the Gaugemaster engine sheds into scratch kit bashed sheds to fit the narrow footprint.

Ordering in the knightwing palisade fencing, and the various smaller buildings.

Paths and old platforms will be built over the weekend.

Last picture to get a feel for things.

post-9901-0-69567000-1451666977.jpg

On my iPad they are all the right way up. So a bit confused here.

Will post more over weekend but from the lap top.

Hope that remedies it.

Ps all

Cardiff small model railway show on jan 23rd

Hope to see you there

See link in exhibitions.

From what I can recall, there's coding hiding in 'I' related photos which makes them always appear the correct way up in apple products no matter which way you've taken them. However for those not using apple products, if they've been taken 'upside down' according to apples orientation then on things like the Samsung tablet I'm using they will appear the wrong way up, but the poster of the picture won't know because apple is self correcting for him. I find a lot of Naturol's pictures are upside down for me, it's not his fault and the modelling is still just as good!

Started on the buildings, being adapted from Gaugemaster depot kits.

Loosely placed on the layout as a guide.post-9901-0-99499600-1452453778.jpg

Intend to use another print off the backscene image from dock view road Barry, off VOPAK layout.

Found some HO excavators at the Cogan swap meet yesterday two for £5.00 bargain.

From what I can recall, there's coding hiding in 'I' related photos which makes them always appear the correct way up in apple products no matter which way you've taken them. However for those not using apple products, if they've been taken 'upside down' according to apples orientation then on things like the Samsung tablet I'm using they will appear the wrong way up, but the poster of the picture won't know because apple is self correcting for him. I find a lot of Naturol's pictures are upside down for me, it's not his fault and the modelling is still just as good!

Just to add a little more to this correct explanation. The pictures will still appear upside down on an iPad / iPhone if you view them on non-Apple software /apps. It's the software that uniquely corrects the Apple orientation, not the device. So, for example, I am viewing and writing this on my iPad in Google's Chrome browser for iOS , and the images are upside down. If I switch to using the default Apple Safari browser they are re-oriented.

But as someone else said, they're still great pics . It would be really nice if an admin could flip them in the forum software though......

funny enough  when non  apple users (windows  etc) click on the images to save  and correct the posted pics it's right side up but when you go to picture viewer its  upside down ,  just  click on the  rotate button  till right side up and save  on computer

post-10008-0-41248800-1452575558.jpg

post-10008-0-44085100-1452575583.jpg

post-10008-0-00678300-1452575607.jpg

post-10008-0-96507300-1452575627.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived