Tonbridge MRC exhibition 20th February 2016

ColinW

Really enjoyed the day with 'Earl's Court'

Very well organised, nice and busy and well looked after.

As I was on my own I was even allocated my own club member to take over during the lunch break and fetch drinks etc. He returned for another stint in the afternoon and I had trouble getting the controller back of him!

Even gave me help loading up. Thanks to him and all the club members.

If you get the invite as an exhibitor I can highly recommend you take up the offer.

Terry

I did forget to mention in my post that I do like the layouts that opened up their fiddle yard/hidden sidings. I know people call them hidden sidings for a reason but it is very interesting to see what designs and ideas they use and it is also very interesting to see what other stock is on show, I think it was Much Murkle & Westcliff GWR that gave you the best looks. I wish more layouts did the same, so come on lads & lasses...don't be afraid to show your hidden sidings

The club would like to thank the layout owners and operators, demonstrators and traders for helping to make it a great show for the club.  It's good to receive the compliments on here and we are glad that you all enjoyed the show.  I would like to thank Cluade_Dreyfus for putting his pictures on here, and to bbishop for the crash course in DCC operation and German (at the same time :jester: ) whilst operating Hochstadt!!

In response to the query about why not a 2 day show (we get this every year) it is not financially viable for the club to hold a 2 day show, as we doubt we would get many more people attend over 2 days than we get on 1.  You also have to remember that for the club members (who aren't getting any younger) that it would turn into 4-5 days in getting and returning equipment after the show.

Colin

Paul (naturol) and I concur with the views of the other exhibitors.

Well organised by the hosts.

Very good cross section of layouts.

As per usual, I went believing certain layouts wouldn't appeal to me (due to scale, gauge, era), but found numerous 'concepts' , operations and ideas on many that were worthy of committing to memory for future use.

And, for a bloke who went, not believing he needed 'owt - I can't understand where fifty odd quid went ( OK Railmatch thinners, BR bauxite, a variety of cast buffers, some unboxed 'Weltrols' etc etc....)

Also nice to chat to some knowledgably 'punters'

All in all, a good time.

Brian R

Archived