Dreath Bach

tommy mac

Hi guys, since christmas i've been working on a shunting plank on and off, when i have time from work and college. Its a normal wood frame base. The buildings are a mix of kit bashed, and ready to plant, people are Bachmann, and noch, greenary is a mixture of gauge master and peco. The track is a mix of felixy and set. It is about 3/4 finished, with signs and maybe lighting to add, and i am sure as with every layout it will never be finished.

The name is ment to be dref bach(small town)but as with some welsh names the spelling was change to help the seis with saying them. It is not based oon any where so its just my mind so to say.

All comments are welcome thanks

I will add pictures later, Thanks Tommy

Hi all, after visiting and doing a couple of hours voleentering down the whhr, i was inspired to do some work on my model! So tonight i've added the signs i have ment to do so much, also i might try do some low level lights for the buildings!. Thanks for looking!

post-326-126817550675_thumb.jpg

What i see from the "work bench" It is really the window sill but its level and a nice to look at as i am working!

post-326-12681755904_thumb.jpg

The layout as a whole without fiddle yard!

post-326-126817568946_thumb.jpg

post-326-12681757832_thumb.jpg

post-326-126817587565_thumb.jpg

Not a model but as they are on the window sill they have come to be train spotters when ever i work on the layout!

post-326-126817597575_thumb.jpg

post-326-126817607301_thumb.jpg

post-326-126817617464_thumb.jpg

post-326-126817628257_thumb.jpg

DCC maybe be something i move into in a few years but lack of time and money!(The whole layout has only cost about £30 pounds, its mainly left overs from my main layout back in machynlleth, which due to me now working down here and being mostly in porthmadog gets work as i go home from time time, which is above the garage, also some things are off brick-a-bracks, another shunting plank i've built, i think its on rmweb i cant really remember) Same with brick a bracks, that only cost £36 in total, i've been lucky that people have helped me with other layouts giving me stuff and most inportantly there know how. This layout how ever is totaly me, being done on spare time, i have to thank sarah my girlfriend for putting up with me and telling me to keep up the good work!

:lol:

DCC isn't expensive, especially if you look at one of those Bachmann 150 plus DCC set that's out at the moment

DCC sound can be, however. I still have about a 15 locos and units to upgrade to sound, and at £100 or so a pop that might take a few months...

True, But as i am still in college i dont have much money, yes iam working but only part time at the minute!. The next job for me on here is to do some lights, one for the yard and one of two on the station, the buildings do have some low level lighting which i'll add at some point. If i do it tonight i'll add pictures probs tomoz! Thanks, tommy!

Hi all, had the day off college today so i thought i'd have a play!

Here are the pictures, I know given the high vis jackets i shouldnt use green locos but who cares! Its a play lol :rolleyes:

post-326-126877478394_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877487985_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877499251_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877509833_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877520632_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877530134_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877561775_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877570434_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877577985_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877588695_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877618685_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877634647_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877644748_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877655426_thumb.jpg

post-326-126877663752_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all as of now, hopefully for a sort time i am going to have the evenings free. Friday at college i managed to take my left index finger nail and most of the tip of the nail off (as a chef i guess it happens some time lol). So paper work in college in the day and nout in the evenings. I hope to try and have a bit of a running ses some time this week finger permiting, so i hope to have some pictures up. Work now out of the picture for proberly at leaste a week my attentions have turned back to maybe another small layout!!. I have in the besement of the house a layout board made for a abondoned project that i hope to bring new life too. What sort yet i am unaware, but the board is about 3 foot by 1 foot of the top of my head. Something industrial, lines in and out of factorys, industrial units something like that!.

Thanks Tommy.

I am at the planning stages of a layout at the moment.

I have got some ideas in my head, one being a Scottish themed layout with a log loading siding like the one that was at Crianlarich on the Callander and Oban line.

Jerry.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tommy,

Compliments on the layout - really nice. I especially like your 'green' locos - you have a good eye for a photo too.

A good lesson in having fun in a small place. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Cheers,

James

• RMweb Gold

Can I also please just add the well-deserved praise you've got for this.

The photos are excellent and do you great credit, both as a photographer and modeller. At such close range they could easily show up errors, omissions and general heavy handedness. That they do not is a great testment to what you've done.

Personally, I'm impressed with your use of the small Skaledale waiting room - reminds me of Bodmin General.

I do also envy you your view from your workbench. :)

Thank you all for the nice comments! I am hoping to go back to work tomorrow but if my finger gets to painfull i may be off for some more time yet! If i am then i hope to add more pictures and i now have got the point work for the next project!!

Thanks Tommy :rolleyes:

Hi all, after work today i started on the next project, a sort of industrial theme, mainly steam layout, self contained. For now all i could do was putting the points down. I hope that during half term, and inbewteen working to do some more on this new layout but only time will tell. For now here is some pictures!!

post-326-127031892117_thumb.jpg

Archived