Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Issues with Bachman Dynamis

OldGuysRule

Good Morning chaps

I have two Bachman DCC controllers.

One is the EZ command, the other the Dynamis Wireless set up thingy.

Both units have been stored for the last 3 years as I had to deconstruct my proposed layout for house renovations/rebuilding.

After resurecting the two units in december last year, the EZ command works fine, the Dynamis, sadly not.

When I switch on the handset, I get all the images on the screen as per normal, and you are supposed to press the Stop button to return it to normal function, but nothing at all happens.

Batterys have been replaced, the units were not subjected to damp or adverse conditions (shoe box, in a cupboard).

I had a fleeting message on the screen saying Error 168, unknown error (i think), but apart from that it appears the lights are on, but no ones home.

Can anyone assist? Is there a master reset button or is this a bit of a more serious problem.

Thanks

Steve

Good Morning

Thanks for the advice chaps. 

Unfortunately, I cant even get into the Menu's to do the reset, its frozen solid on the startup screen.

Thanks

Steve

Have you tried removing the batteries for a minute or two then putting them back?

Good Morning chaps

Thanks Holland Park, I tried what you advised but alas, no beans, still stuck.

I did however, find on another thread a similar conversation and it appears that this isn't an isolated fault and it does seem to be quite a common.

In the meantime I popped off an email the Bachmann, and they advised that I take the Handset into my nearest dealer to start the process of getting the Mother Board replaced.

This is all fine and dandy, but I live in Johannesburg... :(

I guess the only solution really is to buy another handset. 

I still have my Bachmann EZ command unit to keep the wheels rolling so no issues about down time.

I know its aimed at the DCC starter market, but I actually really like the EZ command. Simple to use and not a hiccup since purchase.

Thanks again for all your comments and input

Steve

Try Lendons model shop in cardiff.

They offer a no fix no fee service, and are very very reasonable.

Likewise Bachmann repaired mine for £20.00 only when it went info a free scrolling rampage on the LCD display.

( the toggle leaver unit was replaced.)

Paul.

Ps I now use a powercab.....

Good Morning Chaps.

I have received other mails as well saying the same thing, that maybe its time to change to something different.

Paul, thanks for that advice about Lendons (I actually know the place)...

But the 5692 mile journey to get there might just be a bit of a push for a saturday morning :)

Thanks again

Steve

Hi Steve,

If you are looking around for a new system I would suggest you look at Lenz, NCE and Digitrax.

I've been in DCC from near the beginning and I am a satisfied Lenz user.

If I were starting today i would probably go for a Digitrax wireless option.

As always - try before you buy.

Best wishes,

John

Archived