Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Amazon Prime

QWILPEN

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

I am considering takinng the Amazon 30 day free trial prior to annual subscription but can't see any where in there info about  what happens with any existing pre-orders do they automatically get upgraded to free prime next day delivery or do I need to cancel the items and reorder ?

thanks in advance

Steve

But if you do use the services its pretty good value. Google & Apple charge more than Prime for music streaming alone.

Plus you can watch Black Sails. I like sweary pirates.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the advice ,  the real reason i'm looking at it is for the Hammond Clarkson May show whenever that turns up but there does look like theres some good tv & film there the faster postal option is an a bonus.

looks like I may have to give Black Sails a watch as well.

thanks

Steve

I'd certainly be interested in how you or anyone else gets on, we're on Plex Flix and I cannot recommend it, very unreliable and virtually zero back up, they keep changing things around, ugh!

So, Amazon Prime gets you TV and free delivery on goods, then?

Cheers,

John

Ditto on Horseman's comment.  I am one of the ones who got caught out.  I have cancelled now and am supposed to get a full refund although it will cost me because the charge is in $US and there is both the different rates for bought and sold always in the bank's favour and the exchange fee.  On the up side my Daughter in Law in the US uses it extensively and is very happy with it.

I hope to join later in the year for the CHM

What do you use as a client?

I will use a games console.

You can use PCs, Tablets, Smartphones and Games Consoles for the various parts of the Prime mmebership. Amazon video would probably be best on the console, but the Photo Space app is best on your phone in my opinion - it uploads and saves all of your video and audio files, leaving you with the space to take more as and when you want to. Amazon music copies the contents of almost every CD that you buy froma maazona nd also gives you an MP3 version. There is also the free delivery of amazon packages (although not from third party sellers who use amazon) and the amazon prime app which allows you to order certain items with a two hour delivery timeslot.

I've checked though, and there are no model trains available for the 2 hour delivery :(

I too bought the membership mostly because I wanted the video app to watch Clarkson May and Hammond, however, it has turned out to be a truly brilliant service.

• RMweb Premium

I hope to join later in the year for the CHM

What do you use as a client?

I will use a games console.

i'll be using the app on our new telly, only because its there i was going to get an amazon fire stick

Steve

• RMweb Premium

I've been a Prime user for quite a few years. I buy a lot of books and paying up front for next day delivery has worked out as a good deal for me, plus now I use the on demand video and music service. They are now producing some good original TV, their recent dramatization of "The Man in the High Castle" was excellent. I know it is popular to knock companies like Amazon and I do appreciate their are issues around tax and multi-national companies but as a customer I've found their service with books to be first class.

Archived