Flying Scotsman (Royal edition)

Removed a/c

Just ordered this, not received yet. 

Wondering if anyone can give me some information on the coaches she would have pulled in this livery, Looks like MK1 Pullmans but I have been able to find very little about what type and how many. Not really bothered about having the exact names and number but would be nice to have a representation.  So far I have found a Second class behind the loco and a BCK at the end, just don't know what comes in between ! 

Also can anyone tell me what these two coaches could possibly be.   https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5508/14467650080_c3f04ce34d_b.jpg

Just ordered this, not received yet. 

Wondering if anyone can give me some information on the coaches she would have pulled in this livery, Looks like MK1 Pullmans but I have been able to find very little about what type and how many. Not really bothered about having the exact names and number but would be nice to have a representation.  So far I have found a Second class behind the loco and a BCK at the end, just don't know what comes in between ! 

Also can anyone tell me what these two coaches could possibly be.   https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5508/14467650080_c3f04ce34d_b.jpg

The first one looks like a Mark BSK; the second is a BR GUV.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I received it !!  Very delicate, runs really well but my favourite parts are the seam down the length of the boiler and the daylight between the chassis and the tender body.  This should not be happening on a £140 model !! 

I also received a DoG just a couple weeks earlier and in my mind it is a much better model, I can pick it up without kid gloves, runs well and has sound.   

TBH I am not surprised Hornby are in the mess they are in !!   SMH !

• RMweb Gold

Well I received it !!  Very delicate, runs really well but my favourite parts are the seam down the length of the boiler and the daylight between the chassis and the tender body.  This should not be happening on a £140 model !! 

I also received a DoG just a couple weeks earlier and in my mind it is a much better model, I can pick it up without kid gloves, runs well and has sound.   

Hornby A3s have, if various threads on here are to be believed, not been up to scratch for at least the last half-dozen releases.

It's fairly clear the tooling is knackered and QC isn't weeding out the duds.

While people continue buying them in that state, there's no incentive to get it retooled.

J.

• RMweb Gold

Any chance of photo's of the issues?

• 1 month later...

Just a note that this model is still for sale at Rails and probably other retailers, (no connection).

Nearer UKP100 for we outside the EU too.   I wonder how many are left, I think it was a 500 production run,.  I like it, for what it's worth, and bought one.

Archived