• RMweb Gold

The outer limit, the rear fence of the yard will not be on the board where the track is laid.  It will be on the front edge of the rear board.  There is, indeed, a lane planned to run behind it (for those who remember the village, it runs along the side of the (incomplete) shop building, left foreground of picture below).

So, yes, it would be entirely possible to have an entrance to the pens from behind them - which ties in also with Kevin's point about multiple entrances. 

I drove through that arch over Easter - you captured the narrow street extremely well James! Leading up to that part is quite a steep incline and was interesting driving through when cars were parked all the way up on the left, leaving only just about enough room  to get by practicly scraping the wing mirrors on the window ledges!!

• Like 3

Possibly, although I think the words are true, in that the goods shed is, just about, in view in the right background.

This map shows an early iteration of the layout of the station, which was twice changed significantly.

The version on the map looks like a really badly designed model railway layout!

Yeah. I doubt anyone here would intentionally produce anything like this. 

I believe the layout was conceived as a shunting plank to amuse the directors of the CVR and some bozo in the office thought it was the actual station design.

Heads didn't roll, mainly from embarassment....

• RMweb Gold

Just goes to show that if you want to have a really weird layout (or any model) then follow a prototype example.

Who’s Kruger, mum? Promise not to tell your father, dear.

Its the unfortunate offspring of Billy Dean and, ummm, Swindon Works.....

post-21933-0-14819300-1525728639.jpg

I bet the footlpate footplate crew are saying "Do we really have to drive this? "

Eh? "footlpate"?

Where the 'eck did that come from?

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Gold

Oo- ooo! As it’s a bank holiday, can I shove a pre-raff in, please?

I think we have already established that some of the Pre-Groupers are too sensitive to be exposed to such things...

Which pre-raff were you hoping to shove-in to?

Edited by Regularity

• RMweb Gold

Looking at that, I can’t help but think that it might have worked as a 2-6-2...

I've always thought these to be truly heroic bits of experimentation - whereas Decapod was a complete and utter con.

Considering that Johnson Dean was responsible for one of the most perfectly proportioned Victorian single wheelers, isn't it extraordinary that right at the end of his Swindon career he should be willing to let those young bloods have their head at experimenting?

Looking at that, I can’t help but think that it might have worked as a 2-6-2...

One of the fascinations was that the Krugers couldn't decide themselves whether they were moguls or aspired to be 4-6-0s.

And No 100 was also Churchward Billy Dean.

dh

• Like 3

I don't really mind as I like the pre-Raphaelites, but girls certainly didn't look like that when I was in school. 

Yup.

You were lucky to get a glimpse of an ankle......

I don't really mind as I like the pre-Raphaelites, but girls certainly didn't look like that when I was in school. 

Making me think back to my schooldays, no we did not have any either in the late 50's and early 60's. Mind you there was Denise .....  , but that is another story altogether.

Regards

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I expect they still harboured a subconscious desire to go out and get wrecked, though?post-26540-0-12452800-1525761854_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I just posted this elsewhere, but realised that Grandpa* had got it wrong. Surely this is his Lordship and the Memsahib on the beach at Hunstanton!

Edit - *'Grandpa' H.T.Sutters was, at the time he took this photo., installing electrical services in the Abbassia Barracks, Cairo. He had previous done similar work in HM Dockyard Portsmouth.

post-14351-0-47163000-1525765683_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 7