Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

It is a little known fact that North West Region No.1 was seconded to Dundee for a spell ...

How is a loco driver to keep an eye on what's ahead when he's too short to reach the spectacle plate?

Or- and this is just a wild guess here- is this from the RWS story where Thomas gets hijacked by the Cottingley Fairies, which was suppressed by Warehouse 12?

Edited by James Harrison

Since we are onto fairies, and haven’t had a painting for a while, here is one of the many pre-raphealite Morgans, in this case by Burne Jones.

She looks a tad moody for someone you’d like to find at the bottom of your garden.

Good to see that she carries a crash-helmet, though; wouldn’t want her riding here motorbike without one.

post-26817-0-51117700-1526311745.jpeg

post-26817-0-51117700-1526311745.jpeg

Edited by Nearholmer
  • Like 1

It is a little known fact that North West Region No.1 was seconded to Dundee for a spell ...

Didn't realise that Salvador Dali did a stint on Thomas.....

(Given the ropey draughtmanship, it might almost be a Lucian Freud!)

COR look at the a a a ask her if she has a sister will you.

BeHAVE!!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Never quite realised just how weird the proportions of Thomas in that picture were.

Also, the rail appears to be collapsing under Thomas' rear wheels...

Quite a lot of weight on Tinkerbell's rear-end, too, come to that.

(That is an observation and definitely not a complaint!)

• RMweb Premium

Her magic wand could be a soldering iron. On the things to make you smile thread this am it stated research shows that a slightly overweight woman will live longer than a man who comments on it, so keep quiet and ENJOY!

• RMweb Gold

Clearly, I am going to have to distract you lot with some modelling.

Quiet, everyone. Our plan is close to working, and we don’t want him to find out...

Yessir. Obviously, sir.

Looking forward to it, sir.

Also, the rail appears to be collapsing under Thomas' rear wheels...

Quite a lot of weight on Tinkerbell's rear-end, too, come to that.

(That is an observation and definitely not a complaint!)

The other observation one might make is that Tink is perfectly balanced....

I'll just take a pause there

• RMweb Premium

Yes they made proper motorcycles back then.  Excellent pictures and thanks for sharing them.

When I started riding motorcycles I got endlessly told by my Mum about the chap up the road who had a motorcycle and hit a lampost and had to have a steel plate put in his head.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes they made proper motorcycles back then.  Excellent pictures and thanks for sharing them.

When I started riding motorcycles I got endlessly told by my Mum about the chap up the road who had a motorcycle and hit a lampost and had to have a steel plate put in his head.

I only remember going on a proper motorbike once. I used ride my dad's moped and Vespa along our country vicarage drive, but only went on a former school friend's bike once. I remember it for two reasons. It had a silencer made with two pressed steel plates for the outer casing. Sitting on the pillion, with my hands holding on under the seat, the bike back-fired and the rivets popped out and a load of muck that had been between the plates blew out and across my right knuckles. We had earlier been out to a local farm and bought a couple of decidedly cloudy, large bottles of scrumpy, which I held on my lap on the way home. This was in the 1960s - no crash helmets then.

• Like 3