9 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

Very posh.

Is 'Umber is the new black' about to be revived?

Hmm, well, if I ever get round to finishing the test track, there could be LB&SCR running sessions. Scattered across the umber period (1905-1922), I probably now have 6 or 7 locos and the odd coach and wagon. 

Of course, we'd need to cover the Stroudley period, too, perhaps under the title "Yellow is the New Green"! 

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

"Yellow is the New Green"! 

A little too bilious perhaps.

You've got the SER idea too, so can I tempt you to complete the set by adding the LSWR? I keep thinking about seaside termini, and military-connected branches, and the possibility of combining the two, with a bit of "town quay" street running thrown in for good measure. The LSWR actually had more interesting branches than the LBSCR.

"One shade of green is the new other shade of green"?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

A little too bilious perhaps.

Certainly room for Improvement

You've got the SER idea too

Yes, I had thought of Dunton Green, but, actually, Robertsbridge is quite tempting!

, so can I tempt you to complete the set by adding the LSWR? I keep thinking about seaside termini, and military-connected branches, and the possibility of combining the two, with a bit of "town quay" street running thrown in for good measure. The LSWR actually had more interesting branches than the LBSCR.

"One shade of green is the new other shade of green"?

Don't forget Barnstaple Town; Adams locos in Drummond liveries; Royal is the new Pea.

20201205_134217.jpg.9e9bd22ad2b69c6159faaad4584025ad.jpg

• Like 11

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten Barnstaple. Sorry.

Robertsbridge post-RVR, presumably. You can have narrow gauge there too, in that tehre was a sawmill on the Up side, country side of the station, which had an internal n.g. network. It was a late survivor, like the similar system at Sheffield Park, and I can remember it in use in the 1970s.

The author of this blog seems to have researched it 0lzBW1uk0_kpGEJIRIfyIY7iYJm9Cw29UNrOD2DP

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten Barnstaple. Sorry.

Robertsbridge post-RVR, presumably. You can have narrow gauge there too, in that tehre was a sawmill on the Up side, country side of the station, which had an internal n.g. network. It was a late survivor, like the similar system at Sheffield Park, and I can remember it in use in the 1970s.

The author of this blog seems to have researched it 0lzBW1uk0_kpGEJIRIfyIY7iYJm9Cw29UNrOD2DP

Ah, but what blog?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Booked in for me bleach jab :dancer:

27 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Likewise, tomorrow pm. I wonder which I'll get?

21 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Domestos?

“With you in a Ciffy, sir...”

(Worked better when it was still called “Jif”.)

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

Edwardian.

I just stumbled upon your magnificent scratch built Norfolk cottages and pub/coaching house on another thread.

Would you be offended if I blatantly copied some of your awesome models to incorporate into my new Great Eastern 

layout? Nothing screams Norfolk as loud as those beautiful creations!

Colin@gorleston

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, colin@gorleston said:

Edwardian.

I just stumbled upon your magnificent scratch built Norfolk cottages and pub/coaching house on another thread.

Would you be offended if I blatantly copied some of your awesome models to incorporate into my new Great Eastern 

layout? Nothing screams Norfolk as loud as those beautiful creations!

Colin@gorleston

You are too kind.  I would hope you would post pictures of the results.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Had no option, they just gave me the blood clots.

Please! Please! PLEASE! DO NOT be put off by that nonsense!  The incidence of blood clots in the general population is around 1/1000.  There have been 37 reported cases throughout Europe across c17,000,000 vaccinations = 1/459,459.5.  In the UK it's 7 across c11,000,000 = 1/1,571,428.5.  In other words no greater than might be expected across a population, and remember the bulk of these vaccinations have been in the older age groups who are more at risk of clot events.  Add into that the fact that blood clots have been found to be one of the consequences of Covid infection.   What they are finding for the efficacy of both vaccines in reducing morbidity AND transmission of infection in the 'real' world (as opposed to trial conditions) is far above what was anticipated.    The risks are therefore far, far outweighed by the benefits.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Caley Jim said:

Please! Please! PLEASE! DO NOT be put off by that nonsense!  The incidence of blood clots in the general population is around 1/1000.  There have been 37 reported cases throughout Europe across c17,000,000 vaccinations = 1/459,459.5.  In the UK it's 7 across c11,000,000 = 1/1,571,428.5.  In other words no greater than might be expected across a population, and remember the bulk of these vaccinations have been in the older age groups who are more at risk of clot events.  Add into that the fact that blood clots have been found to be one of the consequences of Covid infection.   What they are finding for the efficacy of both vaccines in reducing morbidity AND transmission of infection in the 'real' world (as opposed to trial conditions) is far above what was anticipated.    The risks are therefore far, far outweighed by the benefits.

Jim

I'm really sorry, as I said I have had the first jab and very glad to have done so.  

The comment was a rather derogatory sarcastic remark about those EU politicians who can ignore the simple and straightforward facts you have just laid out so logically.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

I'm really sorry, as I said I have had the first jab and very glad to have done so.  

No need to be sorry!  I'm sure you are as delighted as I am to have had it.  I just wanted to try to prevent anyone casting any doubt.

You're right! I think it is all a political ruse to divert attention away from the lamentable failure of the EU in this regard, plus a bit of pique over Brexit.  where would we be with the vaccine if we were still controlled by their centralised beaurocracy?  France and Germany have already wasted around half the AZ vaccine they got!

Jim

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, Caley Jim said:

France and Germany have already wasted around half the AZ vaccine they got!

Jim

Why do you say that?

There is a world of difference between not using (yet) and wasting.

Given the rather uncertain supply situation in Europe, many countries are storing the second jab when the first is given.  Consequently a lot of vaccine sits in freezers and fridges.  But it is not wasted.

Whether it could be used more efficiently is another question.  One that is probably impossible to answer.

• Agree 2