Shops that do N gauge loco repairs

Aspiearchitect69

I live in the Wilmslow area and have 3 N gauge locos in need of some TLC beyond my skills.

I'll happily travel 30+ miles but I would like to get the locos repaired.

Graham Farish don't respond to their website "contact us" form and as I am deaf the phone number isn't something I can use.

The locos are Tornado with disconnected connecting rods. A type 47 with split gearing and a dodgy motor and an ancient get pannier tank

Can anyone recommend a model shop that does repairs or a good alternative?

If you think 30 miles is far to find someone to repair your N gauge locos, try Scotland! 

I too have used BR Lines in the past, and would give 9/10 (when compared to two others that don't even score above 5/10) 
Budget around £50 per loco, this includes postage each way (Royal Mail Special Delivery due to compensation level) 

I am getting fed up with Split Gears, about 25% of my models (even brand new out of the box) have now suffered these 
Last week I purchased another brand new ScotRail 47/7, and on getting it home found it also had Split Gears!

How about contacting Macclesfield Model Railway Club?  { not 30 miles from you} they may have some one who models N Gauge and services their own stock Manchester Model club also not far from you they certainly have expert modellers within their ranks.

Evening, I've been reading through this with interest as i also have couple of n gauge loco's that need a bit of tlc. Is this Mark Stanton a business or just a regular facebook profile ? Also where is he based please ? Any help would be most welcome. Thanks. Terry.

Archived