RMweb

Sarum Town (formally N gauge home layout)

shanks522

• 2 weeks later...

Will you put tipper body on the chassis of the toymtec 8 wheeler.

Jez

Hi Jez, 

Yeah it'll get done soon, she started off like this.

post-6774-0-79450900-1488752224_thumb.png

Its had a little chop up to become an 8 wheeler, once the body has been built i'll model it tipping some sand or similar. 

cheers

Graham.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Builders yard looks great Graham lets hope the owner doesn't store any containers full of concrete on that retaining wall, you don't want another lime street on your hands.

• Like 3

Builders yard looks great Graham lets hope the owner doesn't store any containers full of concrete on that retaining wall, you don't want another lime street on your hands.

Cheers Jimmy,

Thankfully the retaining walls can take the weight of the cats so i reckon the builders yard will be fine.  :jester:

Graham.

• Like 1

Hello all,

I've been working on a canopy for the station using Ratio kits, I've added some lighting and hit a problem, do i have yellow lights or white, the layout is set around the early 90's so i assume yellow? 

Here's a rough picture, i'm a little unsure now?

post-6774-0-14811600-1489871467_thumb.jpg

I know the loco and stock are not the right era, just what i've been using on the layout. 

Graham.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

It could be my nostalgic rose tinted memory but I always removed the lighting being yellow, it had a nicer warmer glow apposed to harsh stark white light of today's station lights.

• Like 1

It could be my nostalgic rose tinted memory but I always removed the lighting being yellow, it had a nicer warmer glow apposed to harsh stark white light of today's station lights.

Hi Jimmy,

I'd agree about the warm yellow lighting but today the more i look at it the more i don't like it, It seems to have a green tinge to it which looks awful, more testing is needed i think.

Graham.

• Like 1

Loco lighting has come on so much in this scale, looks good... Sound just brings a whole new dimension too, won't be surprised the day I see a coach door open with DCC. Seriously though Graham thanks for the updates as always. Different viewing angles make things more interesting, especially as detail progresses.  

Regards - Steve 

• Like 1

Loco lighting has come on so much in this scale, looks good... Sound just brings a whole new dimension too, won't be surprised the day I see a coach door open with DCC. Seriously though Graham thanks for the updates as always. Different viewing angles make things more interesting, especially as detail progresses.  

Regards - Steve 

Thanks Steve, 

I'm enjoying playing round with the phone, It's nice to be able to film things that you wouldn't normally see.

Graham.

• Like 2

Hello all,

Another few hours work done today, unfortunatley to the wiring, I built the panel so that the press of one button sets the entire route, this is great but some times up to 6 motors need to throw together.

The motor that is the furthest away from the switch wasn't working correctly so i tested it and it was damaged, not a problem i'll change it, that is if i can find one in the spares box! No, not there, quick phone call to dad and a new one is in place half an hour later, still doesn't work? This had me scratching my head for a while then i realised i'd added a new switch cable a few days ago, after an hour or so sodding about i added a diode and hey presto it all works.

I was hoping to do some scenic bits but after the electrical work it was nice just to play trains!

Here's another video.

Cheers

Graham.

Edited by shanks522
  • Like 6