GONERBY LANE

rushdenx1

Here is a photo of my latest layout. A OO Gauge DCC shelf layout measuring 6 feet by 1 foot, plus a 2 foot fiddle yard one end. It is set pre-privatisation (late 80s early 90s)and consists of a 'Depot' with four sidings

a fuelling point and a wagon repair facility. Next to the 'Depot' a viaduct bridge runs the full length, giving another high level through line. Four sound fitted locos, Class 31, 37, 47 and 56 are used, moving around

the 'Depot' and shunting wagons. Any comments good or bad are welcome. Kevin.

post-2468-126770490353_thumb.jpg

Hi Kevin

Do we have a small Track Plan...?

Do have more photos of what you have done on the top level line...?

Is the top line... supposed to be a work line or a discontinued line...?

Keep the photos coming Kevin it looks great so far... How long has this project taken you to date...?

Regards

Jamie

Thanks for the comments so far. The high level line is meant to be a through line. The train emerges from the far tunnel (fiddle yard end) and can run to the other end of the layout which depicts another tunnel mouth. There is no fiddle yard at the other end so trains have to stop and reverse. This is not very realistic, so I then came up with the idea of using the high level line as an engineering possession site. I run the Class 37 with a rake of sealion hoppers wagons through the possesion as if they are dropping stone, then reverse it back through the site again, which is what actually happens in real life. Having the sound fitted Class 37 makes it more interesting, powering up and down as it moves through the site. The layout has been in the making for around 6 months (I don't hang around). I will try to upload a track plan later. Kevin.

post-2468-126777981749_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments so far. The high level line is meant to be a through line. The train emerges from the far tunnel (fiddle yard end) and can run to the other end of the layout which depicts another tunnel mouth. There is no fiddle yard at the other end so trains have to stop and reverse. This is not very realistic, so I then came up with the idea of using the high level line as an engineering possession site. I run the Class 37 with a rake of sealion hoppers wagons through the possesion as if they are dropping stone, then reverse it back through the site again, which is what actually happens in real life. Having the sound fitted Class 37 makes it more interesting, powering up and down as it moves through the site. The layout has been in the making for around 6 months (I don't hang around). I will try to upload a track plan later. Kevin.

post-2468-126777981749_thumb.jpg

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the update and the extra Pics...

Cheers again Jamie

• 3 years later...

Archived