The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Contenders for 'most obvious plot' movie

34theletterbetweenB&D

• RMweb Premium

Deep Impact? (Not sure about that one as I've only seen bits and I'm not interested enough to look it up in Wikipedia).

You mean 'Shallow Impact?' ;)

I remember seeing it with a friend when it came out, and afterwards our opinion was that it copped out from worldwide devastation in order to keep characters alive, hence our title for it being 'Shallow Impact'...

• RMweb Gold

You mean 'Shallow Impact?' ;)

I remember seeing it with a friend when it came out, and afterwards our opinion was that it copped out from worldwide devastation in order to keep characters alive, hence our title for it being 'Shallow Impact'...

Given the competing movie at the time was 'Armageddon' you can safely call it 'Relatively Deep Impact'

• RMweb Premium

'Armageddon' was a shallow movie that started the 'no story, all action' approach to movie making in Hollywood (the Michael Bay effect), but 'Deep Impact' disappointed as it should have been a more devastating hit of an asteroid, and wasn't. So it was still a 'Shallow Impact' (to me at least)...

"Gravity" perhaps?

Read the title - guess the plot!

Excellent cinematic effects though - and it stars my niece too....

Phil

"Gravity" has a plot? I've watched it in-flight on several occasions, in fact I could watch Sandra Bullock floating around in her underwear indefinitely... perhaps I should try it WITH the headphones?

• RMweb Premium

'Gravity' has a plot in so much that it's a basic 'survive' plot. It's probably the simplest of any plot in that respect, and certainly isn't in the class of a whodunnit or a crime drama with twists a plenty.

Archived