The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Sylvia Anderson passes

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

More sad news. The other half of the creators of Supermarionation shows has blasted off in to the great beyond

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35818530

Thank you Sylvia for all the excitement and fun your clever ideas created

'Ome Milday? Home, Parker....

Phil

Edited to add link

• RMweb Gold

Very sad to hear this when I awoke today - supermarionation was such a major part of my young life.

God bless Sylvia and thanks for everything - your creations inspired my play for many years.

May I add my expression of sadness at today's announcement of the death of Sylvia Anderson....TV21...the 'umbrella' name for the majority of these great productions....where a major part of my TV entertainment.....all the productions gave ( and still do) millions pleasure....it seems that we were so fortunate grown such an era of space age TV......the TV (especially Thunderbirds) then had a moral theme of 'helping our fellow people', unlike much of today's children's TV which seems very 'confrontational'......

Rest in Peace Sylvia....Thank you ....

Regards to all

Bob

Hello...

Continuing to reflect on the sad news today regarding Sylvia Anderson's passing.....recall all those wonderful introduction themes, the incidental music, the special effects, the puppets, then the mix of models and live actors...UFO...Space 1999....what a wonderful legacy we have been left through all those combined talents....

Just think back how we smiled back in the 60's when Lady Penelope talked into a compact and Brains into his watch...wonder why no one has ever made such a things now eh?

Brilliant stuff...

Regards

Bob

Recall that it was 'Supercar's' fault that I have a small scar remaining on my forehead, the result of where so excited as a four year old after watching an episode in 1964, I speedily ran (pretending to fly) through the hall, promptly fell over the carpet and propelled my head through the glass paneled front door..and ended up in hospital overnight with a very, sore and bandaged head !  :mosking:

Archived