If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Derbyshire

Charlie586

Hello. I'm Charlie and live in North Derbyshire. I've been trying to put together a layout for 20 odd years but always run into the usual problems of not enough room / time / etc. My heart is with GWR Broad Gauge, specifically Wantage Road as there's a short time period with Mixed gauge and the Tramway which would make an excellent loft layout. That is far in the future and one or two house moves away.

I've tried building various other OO GWR branch line style layouts, but space has meant they lie in pieces under the bed. I've built kits and scratch built a building or too to keep my hand in, and amassed a massive collection of bits and stuff bought from ebay over the years (just in case I ever open a modelshop I always tell myself) but never a finished layout. I've also dabbled with matchstick models and automatons over the years.

However, after finding the Boxfiles, Microlayouts and Dioramas part of this forum, and seeing a recent 0 16.5 article in a mag, I've got a plan. The top of my chest of drawers is about the same size as two boxfiles or a deep shelf, I've got plenty of old donor motors for a loco and enough track to build it ten times over (sleeper spacing doesn't matter for this.)

So that's the plan... (Until it changes)

Just give it a go, see the pointless layout for broad gauge if I can find it I will put a link on here.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70418-small-broad-and-totally-pointless/

Hello Skipepsi. That's an impressive layout. I did consider starting something in broad gauge (I bought some kits and rail when I was a member of BGS), but with only 60-70cm to play with, it would just end up being another unfinished project.

Archived