Gaugemaster CDU Mounting

Bino

Hi Folks,

suggestions please as to how I secure/mount the CDU to either the baseboard or control panel.

If you have found a good way and would like to share it a photo or illustration would help me.

regards

Dave

Hello Dave

Here is a picture of one of the two CDUs on my layout.  It is simply screwed to one of the cross braces beneath the boards.  The input wires are fed directly from the auxilliary supply on the back of my Gaugemaster controller.  The output wires go to the various control panels.

The same picture featured in a recent Blog Post.

Ray 

A bit over the top maybe but we secured the CDU to one of the test track baseboards as shown below. Piece of plastic as a base, M3 countersunk holes on reverse, M3 nuts (to space off CDU), washers and screws used to attach CDU to panel, panel then screwed to woodwork.

post-13054-0-79477300-1461447559.jpg

Mike

• RMweb Premium

A bit over the top maybe but we secured the CDU to one of the test track baseboards as shown below. Piece of plastic as a base, M3 countersunk holes on reverse, M3 nuts (to space off CDU), washers and screws used to attach CDU to panel, panel then screwed to woodwork.

attachicon.gifIMG_0001.JPG

Mike

The orange wire appears to be removed (screw loosened off), any particular reason why?

Simple  way  of   mounting  these,  wrap it  around  with  plastic insulating  tape   4 or 5  turns   leave  around 6" of  tape after  wrapping , fold the 6"  over on itself a couple of  times or  so, so  you have a thickish  1" or  thereabouts  use  this  to  secure it  to underside  (or wherever) of  baseboard with a  short  screw!

The orange wire appears to be removed (screw loosened off), any particular reason why?

Kevin

Picture from quite afew years ago when I was rewirng section of this 1986 test track. Was probably doing some testing at the time and hence the wire diconnected.

Mike

attachicon.gifIMG_0001.JPG

Mike

very neat!

Hello Dave

Here is a picture of one of the two CDUs on my layout.  It is simply screwed to one of the cross braces beneath the boards.  The input wires are fed directly from the auxilliary supply on the back of my Gaugemaster controller.  The output wires go to the various control panels.

The same picture featured in a recent Blog Post.

Ray 

thanks Ray, excellent blog btw. Lots to ponder there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived