Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

the who drove what game ?

peanuts

Who drove a yellow tr7 ?

Purdey!

Who didn't ponce about in a flash car but stood some chance of remaining undercover in a Cortina estate?

• RMweb Gold

OK here's my two quids worth.

Who drove a Lotus seven but only in the opening credits?

You are number 6.  (The Prisoner).

Morris Minors have featured a lot over the years but which architectural critic drove a convertible one?

• RMweb Gold

Right on the Lotus 7

The Morris would be Lovejoy

Sorry but Lovejoy was an antiques dealer not an architectural critic.

Clue:  He's the only man I know who ever made a programme praising the Belgians!  Edit:  Annoyingly I can't find it on youtube now I've mentioned it!

Ian Nairn? Seem to remember something about driving up the country visiting towns along the way, was it called Outrage or something similar?

An easy one, vomit coloured Rover 2000 (with a bent drivers door!)

Peter

A clue for the dark brown Rover 2000

:)

Martin Shaw drove a Mexico Brown P6 2000 Auto in the first filmed episode of The Professionals before he was given the RS2000...! (The same car was also used as a squad car in the second Sweeney spin off feature film in late '77, imaginatively entitled 'Sweeney 2').

Ian Nairn? Seem to remember something about driving up the country visiting towns along the way, was it called Outrage or something similar?

Peter

Was That Bill Maynard in "The Gaffer"?

• RMweb Gold

Well done that man!  We don't hear much of him these days (well he has been dead quite some time).  Very quirky in some ways but IMHO quirky enough to appeal to a lot of rmwebbers.  Quite a few clips on Youtube for them as wants to catch up.

I don't remember anything called Outrage though he was outraged at architectural vandalism.  Certainly there were series like Nairn's Travels, Nairn in Europe etc.

• RMweb Gold

I thought in the first series of the professionals Martin Shaw had a TR7, Lewis Collins has a dolomite sprint and Gordon Jackson had a princess later changing to a rover SD1

Peter

My vomit's usually yellow !

Peter

I think there's confusion around. We have two Rover 2000's, one vomit and mine which is dark brown and the clue is

:)

Archived