• RMweb Gold

Very many thanks Sir!

You are more than welcome.

Although I have a reputation for being notoriously “picky” and a strong preference for things like finer track and wheel standards, I have always maintained that it’s the overall picture which matters more, and that craftsmanship and a genuine “love of subject” will ultimately shine through and win out.

What you have done is to carefully observe the subject, thoughtfully compose the scene, and diligently execute your skills to create something realistic and meaningful. The whole is so much more than the sum of the parts, but without that care, thought and diligence, the whole would have been so much less. I can only imagine the satisfaction you must derive from this.

Edited by Regularity

• RMweb Gold

A very enjoyable first day was had at Railex NE, nice to meet a few from this Parish too.

Thanks for bringing it to North Shields, I really enjoyed watching.

Paul.

Guest teacupteacup

Paul.

+1, was worth the travel to the show from Lanarkshire to see Crinan,  

Hope to see it again somewhere in Scotland? 

You are more than welcome.

Although I have a reputation for being notoriously “picky” and a strong preference for things like finer track and wheel standards, I have always maintained that it’s the overall picture which matters more, and that craftsmanship and a genuine “love of subject” will ultimately shine through and win out.

What you have done is to carefully observe the subject, thoughtfully compose the scene, and diligently execute your skills to create something realistic and meaningful. The whole is so much more than the sum of the parts, but without that care, thought and diligence, the whole would have been so much less. I can only imagine the satisfaction you must derive from this.

Thankyou Simon,

you have accurately summarised how I try to go about things, to capture a "feel" of a subject based on what I see, rather than exactly replicating every facet to the n'th degree. I see Crinan as constantly evolving, both to improve operating potential, and to modify or replace aspects I am not entirely happy with, or feel I can improve on as my skills develop and new ideas/techniques present themselves.

It is very rewarding that others enjoy viewing the layout and I feel priviledged to be invited to attend some excellent shows; it is also great to be able to meet fellow RMWeb members.

Kind regards,

Martyn.

• Like 1

Paul.

+1, was worth the travel to the show from Lanarkshire to see Crinan,  

Hope to see it again somewhere in Scotland?

Thanks gents, much appreciated, was great to meet and chat with several RMwebbers over the weekend, Mike and I really enjoyed the show.

I would happily bring the layout to Scotland; there has been a tentative enquiry but nothing further just yet so watch this space....

A few more random pics from today, the weekend flew by! Well done to Lee and the crew for organising the exhibition and my thanks for the invitation; the layouts were all superb in my opinion.

Thanks also to all who stopped for a chat and for the kind comments.

post-28743-0-09726100-1532906760_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-34147400-1532906792_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-68857100-1532906821_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-83133600-1532906854_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-34810800-1532906891_thumb.jpgpost-28743-0-56232400-1532906920_thumb.jpg

Home now, time for a sleep, over and out!

Martyn.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

It is very rewarding that others enjoy viewing the layout and I feel priviledged to be invited to attend some excellent shows; it is also great to be able to meet fellow RMWeb members.

On which note, what is your future schedule looking like?

Absolutely top notch but that MacBrayne’s boy at the top of the slope will need to pull back and let the lad in the ‘chinese Six’ coach cross the bridge because they’ll never get past each other up there! ;-)

Davy.

• RMweb Gold

I think that top picture in post 382 is the first one I've seen of the layout in its entirety. The whole thing is very convincing and just a quick glance leaves no doubt about what the model represents. Very nice indeed. 

It was good to see you at Railex NE yesterday, and to have a chat about the 126 and your future 303!  I wonder what that particular model will be for?  Crinan certainly captures the feel and essence of a Scottish west coast terminal.  A very inspiring layout!

Roja

• RMweb Premium

Wonderful layout Mr.Signaller, I can't believe I haven't seen it earlier!

You have beautifully captured the look and atmosphere of the location.  I hope I get to see it one day.

Cheers, Dave.

Nice to meet you also at Railex NE on the Sunday. Great little layout, full of atmosphere and plenty of little cameos to give it an excellent atmosphere.

I only got a couple of pictures with my phone.

post-14906-0-42116200-1532974341_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-31338300-1532974355_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

On which note, what is your future schedule looking like?

At the moment Wigan this October is the only confirmed show in the diary, but there are a few more potential dates next year and into 2020, of which more, if and when they are confirmed.

Absolutely top notch but that MacBrayne’s boy at the top of the slope will need to pull back and let the lad in the ‘chinese Six’ coach cross the bridge because they’ll never get past each other up there! ;-)

Davy.

Thanks Davy. Yes the traffic can get a bit much for the local roads, its not unknown for 2 or even 3 buses to be on the bridge at the same time on occasion to connect with the Jura ferry....

• Like 2

It was good to see you at Railex NE yesterday, and to have a chat about the 126 and your future 303! I wonder what that particular model will be for? Crinan certainly captures the feel and essence of a Scottish west coast terminal. A very inspiring layout!

Roja

Thanks Roja, it was good to chat to you again. The 303 is pretty much a stand alone project but I do have ideas for a small home layout which it would suit nicely, along with the 126. No prizes for guessing which part of the world it would be based in!

• RMweb Gold

It all looks top notch Martyn. One would never know you had just ripped some of it up and rebuilt it. It's all blended in together superbly.

Regards Lez.Z.

I think that top picture in post 382 is the first one I've seen of the layout in its entirety. The whole thing is very convincing and just a quick glance leaves no doubt about what the model represents. Very nice indeed.

Wonderful layout Mr.Signaller, I can't believe I haven't seen it earlier!

You have beautifully captured the look and atmosphere of the location. I hope I get to see it one day.

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for your kind words gents! Very much appreciated!

Martyn

Edited by Signaller69

It all looks top notch Martyn. One would never know you had just ripped some of it up and rebuilt it. It's all blended in together superbly.

Regards Lez.Z.

Thanks Lez, it took more time than anticipated, mainly due to the wiring alterations which were only completed last Wednesday, which was a little closer to an exhibition outing than I would have liked!

I particularly liked the section of the abandoned steam shed with the t/t pit and the parked staff vehicles on it, Martyn.

Pretty much shouts out the immediate post-steam era of the late ‘60s and ‘70s.

Lots of great period detail and well executed. I was probably too enraptured by South Pelaw on Sunday so I’ll make sure Crinan gets much more attention when it’s at Wigan. Especially love the NBL bashes.

Davy

I've looked at this layout before but keep coming back for another gawp. I love everything about it! Such a great Scottish Highlands flavour and the rich detail. Even the people feel like they inhabit the place. Oh and full marks for making the most of Hornby's flawed but effective class 29s!

I've looked at this layout before but keep coming back for another gawp. I love everything about it! Such a great Scottish Highlands flavour and the rich detail. Even the people feel like they inhabit the place. Oh and full marks for making the most of Hornby's flawed but effective class 29s!

I particularly liked the section of the abandoned steam shed with the t/t pit and the parked staff vehicles on it, Martyn.

Pretty much shouts out the immediate post-steam era of the late ‘60s and ‘70s.

Lots of great period detail and well executed. I was probably too enraptured by South Pelaw on Sunday so I’ll make sure Crinan gets much more attention when it’s at Wigan. Especially love the NBL bashes.

Davy

Thanks both!

Brian, thanks for the comnents on the 29s, like most of my projects they are still "works in progress", awaiting some airbrush weathering when I pluck up the courage!

Davy, I think South Pelaw deservedly won the best in show award, just wish I'd had more time to view the layouts in more detail.

• Like 1

Thanks Roja, it was good to chat to you again. The 303 is pretty much a stand alone project but I do have ideas for a small home layout which it would suit nicely, along with the 126. No prizes for guessing which part of the world it would be based in!

I'm looking forwards to seeing your idea develop.  I haven't touched my 303 for a couple of days, but I have redrawn my proposed layout once again!  Probably crack on again tomorrow, had another idea regarding the sides and doors.  Hopefully it will make things a little easier.

Roja