English Electric 3B in OO

Hello There,

I'm looking for an English Electric 3B battery locomotive in OO.

Do you know if it's possible to find one please?

Can you help me please?

Many thanks for your answer.

Is somebody knows this little battery powered locomotive? And is any model exists in OO please?

I've found this picture on the web to show you what I mean.

Thank you for your answer.

post-27876-0-40297500-1463211529_thumb.jpg

There is also an overhead powered version in the Scottish Railway Museum at Bo'ness. This example was owned by Fairfields Shipyard and accessed Govan Yard via the Corporation tramways along Govan Road.

There is an EE battery loco in the Preston Docks museum. Is this the prototype?

Regards

I think it's the same. I don't know.

Do you have any photo or drawing?

There is also an overhead powered version in the Scottish Railway Museum at Bo'ness. This example was owned by Fairfields Shipyard and accessed Govan Yard via the Corporation tramways along Govan Road.

That's possible it's the same kind of locomotive but without the panto

• RMweb Premium

Quite a large number of these locomotives were made by English Electric. They were built with battery or with power collection by various means. As well as a pantograph they could have a tramway type trolley pole and IIRC one or two were equiped for third rail collection.

So did it or did it not have a pantograph? Or was it a type of loco that had options to power it. I know the OP talks about it being battery powered. But if you google English Electric 3B I am getting pictures of that very type shown but with a pantograph.

So did it or did it not have a pantograph? Or was it a type of loco that had options to power it. I know the OP talks about it being battery powered. But if you google English Electric 3B I am getting pictures of that very type shown but with a pantograph.

I suspect EE could supply it as battery-only, or with options of overhead/ third rail supply as well. The Spondon one ran off 100V overhead wire, but as a video on Google shows, also possessed batteries.

• RMweb Premium

I was aware that they don't list one, but it's the kind of loco they might be interested in making, if the demand were there.

Seeing as Hornby are producing both diesel and steam industrials perhaps they can be encouraged to complete the set with an electric.

I wouldn't mind having a go at it as a 3d print, especially since I'm currently sat about a mile from Spondon No 1. Not sure about a timescale tho, as I've got a backlog of other projects.

Is anybody else interested in drawing it up...?

I wouldn't mind having a go at it as a 3d print, especially since I'm currently sat about a mile from Spondon No 1. Not sure about a timescale tho, as I've got a backlog of other projects.

Is anybody else interested in drawing it up...?

You mean like this.... I did contact the OP regarding drawing it up for him in a CAD package. Never received a reply. It was a cute little beast as I would put it. Caught my eye instantly and so I started work on it.

post-27484-0-21942800-1463363516_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

This series of locos has sparked quite some interest.

A previous thread at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/105711-english-electric-spondon-no-1-no-2-electric-locomotive/ had a number of people interested - but never came to any conclusion.

The images on Artstation are very interesting, could they be used as the basis for 3d printing or an etched kit? If not Judith Edge (though they do the right pantograph for those so fitted), then how about High Level - they do odd small locos.

regards,

martin

Thank you for the link Martin.

About this EE loco. I've used a side view to make my own drawing and I think I'll go to make one in 7 mm scale.

Many thanks to any one who has answered to me.

Archived