• RMweb Gold

First Barnetby....now Worcester

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/regional/14482166.Rail_users_are_warned_of_line_closures_affecting_Worcester__Malvern_and_Ledbury_as_signal_system_is_upgraded/

The Stationmasters dastardly plans will come to fruition after all these years...unless the money runs out again!

Cheers

Phil

Don't panic just yet Phil, I've heard it's just a tidy up / maintenance job with the interlocking. Hope so anyway... I'm due a refresher round Worcester way in the next couple of weeks plus I'm learning Oxford-Worcester-Hereford for some upcoming T3 work.

• RMweb Gold

Don't panic just yet Phil, I've heard it's just a tidy up / maintenance job with the interlocking. Hope so anyway... I'm due a refresher round Worcester way in the next couple of weeks plus I'm learning Oxford-Worcester-Hereford for some upcoming T3 work.

Thanks Nidge - it would be a shame to lose them for sure , but the locals seem to think its doomsday

Kind regards

Phil

Hi,

Yes, only a life extension,the boxes are staying, with at least Ledbury and Malvern Wells getting new panel diagrams, I know because I went out to help measure them up. From the conversations I've overheard in the office (who are doing the job), its only a couple of semaphores that are being converted to colour lights and track circuits are to be installed in some areas.

For the moment, the Semaphores are staying.

Simon

There is also some work to take place shortly to put in turn back facilities on Herefords platform 1. It may well be linked in with the closures. Apparently London Midland services will be able to leave from platform 1 at Hereford via the x-over at the north end of Hereford Yard which will be controlled by Hereford SB rather than the Yard GF as at the moment. HST's will still have to cross over and depart from Platform 3  as they are too long to be accommodated by the scheme.

Paul J.

Archived