New Scalescenes Bus Garage

Another good model from John Wiffen!

It looks good, but I can't think of any use I could put it to....

With wooden doors that size, and the back to a back-scene or side scene it could be worked up to a wagon repair workshop for a pre-grouping layout.....

Doug

I've just had an e-mail from Scalescenes to announce the new Bus Garage kit.

http://scalescenes.com/product/t028-bus-garage/

It looks good, but I can't think of any use I could put it to. I'm waiting for next month when the revised Factory/Warehouse should be available, as I have a use for that!

Thanks for that, John.  Always happy when Mr Wiffen adds to his catalogue!

I didn't build this city on rock n' roll; I built it with Scalescenes!

I am sure there are industrial conversions that would allow it to be added to the burgeoning range of industrial buildings.

Another good model from John Wiffen!

With wooden doors that size, and the back to a back-scene or side scene it could be worked up to a wagon repair workshop for a pre-grouping layout.....

Doug

I like the idea of converting this to railway use, though I suspect it is of more use to the Grouping-era and post-Grouping modeller in any configuration.  While some of the more modern-styled LGOC garages from immediately prior to the Great War might look vaguely contemporary to this model, it looks to me far more like the sort of 'bus garage built from the mid-'20s to the mid-'30s.

Certain structures built as tram sheds might, on conversion to railway use, yield more of a pre-Grouping feel.  Kingsway Models do 4mm models of Fulwell (1902), Poplar (1906), and Tottenham (1913), which might repay consideration as railway buildings.  I particularly like the idea of converting Fulwell. Given that the door heights of all these (as with the Scalescenes model) are designed for double-decker 'buses or trams, there is scope to lower the height of the walls somewhat.

It looks too modern to me. It would suit the period of my OO layout, but there's no room for it. I think Cheapside Yard will have a generally late 1920s/early 1930s feel to it, but that's what I want the Factory/Warehouse for. Scaling up big buildings to 7mm and printing on A4 is challenging enough, and I'm trying to avoid buildings with big sections of walling!

Archived