7mm Scale colour light signals

Stevelewis

• RMweb Premium

Have a look at my thread, although North American style the two and three aspect signals are suitable for the UK.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/52775-rock-island-in-the-rockies/&do=findComment&comment=2313872

Brit15

They're not really, or at least they look nothing like a modern UK signal.

Given how prominent they are in O I'd definitely be plumping for Absolute Aspects or similar. IMO one of the best things about O is things like working theatre indicators!

I'm sure Pete Harvey showed some stunning pictures of some brass kits a while back.

Edit: he did, here

Thanks  for  the  very  interesting  info,  we  are  apparently  building a layout  in the  late  steam early  diesel  era  so  we  will have  a good  look  at  whats  available   could be  a  slow  process  as  we  have  only  got  as  far  with  the  (proposed ) line as  1  yard of track  actually  laid in the  garden  ( 2 hours  ago) leading  from  the  hole in the  garage  which contains  storage sidings  and  return loop!

I was interested in  the  stated location  of  one  of  the  suppliers  Shanghai!  One  of  my  sons  is  a  frequent visitor  to  China  especially   the  Shanghai area, but  given  the  low  prices and  free post  it  would  be  a  bit  cheeky of  me  to ask  him  to  collect!!!

Might I suggest that having a go at scratchbuilding might be a rewarding activity?

I built one some 10 years ago from a drawing in one of Adrian Vaughan's books, I used GOW bulbs, but LEDs would be easier.

HTH

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Thanks  for  the  very  interesting  info,  we  are  apparently  building a layout  in the  late  steam early  diesel  era  so  we  will have  a good  look  at  whats  available   could be  a  slow  process  as  we  have  only  got  as  far  with  the  (proposed ) line as  1  yard of track  actually  laid in the  garden  ( 2 hours  ago) leading  from  the  hole in the  garage  which contains  storage sidings  and  return loop!

I was interested in  the  stated location  of  one  of  the  suppliers  Shanghai!  One  of  my  sons  is  a  frequent visitor  to  China  especially   the  Shanghai area, but  given  the  low  prices and  free post  it  would  be  a  bit  cheeky of  me  to ask  him  to  collect!!!

Steve,

Your welcome. I've no connection with Absolute Aspects, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that their models can be used outdoors, and that they can backdate signals, especially if you have a picture to work from. I could be wrong tho.

Rich

Might I suggest that having a go at scratchbuilding might be a rewarding activity?

I built one some 10 years ago from a drawing in one of Adrian Vaughan's books, I used GOW bulbs, but LEDs would be easier.

HTH

Simon

'

I  hav'nt  got  time  currently  involved  with  3  layouts!!

Archived