603 Squadron

Clearwater

Im considering a purchase of the rebuilt BoB '603 Squadron.' On Hornby's website, I noticed the pictures had red nameplates - every picture I've seen has blue. Hornby have confirmed to me that the production version will have blue:

Hi David

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm it will have the correct blue background in production.

The incorrect image on the website is in the process of being replaced.

Best regards,

Laura

Customer Care Advisor

Enquiry type: Product Information

Comment: Hi

I was looking at the pictures of your forthcoming Bulleid "603 Squadron". Can you confirm your source for using red back ground name plates? Every picture I've seen of Battle of Britain class locos, including your previous models, has blue backgrounds.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Im considering a purchase of the rebuilt BoB '603 Squadron.' On Hornby's website, I noticed the pictures had red nameplates - every picture I've seen has blue. Hornby have confirmed to me that the production version will have blue:

Hi David

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm it will have the correct blue background in production.

The incorrect image on the website is in the process of being replaced.

Best regards,

Laura

Customer Care Advisor

Enquiry type: Product Information

Comment: Hi

I was looking at the pictures of your forthcoming Bulleid "603 Squadron". Can you confirm your source for using red back ground name plates? Every picture I've seen of Battle of Britain class locos, including your previous models, has blue backgrounds.

Thanks

I think the reason that this has happened is that Hornby's airsmoothed version of this loco does in fact have red-backed nameplates.There were anomalies during the 50's and 60's.Rebuilt 34088 for example carried plain black backing.

• RMweb Gold

I think the reason that this has happened is that Hornby's airsmoothed version of this loco does in fact have red-backed nameplates.There were anomalies during the 50's and 60's.Rebuilt 34088 for example carried plain black backing.

If memory serves, the origin of the black nameplates goes back to a decree, by the powers that be at BR. It didn't take long for those nameplates to be repainted, as it proved unpopular on certain regions.

Sorry Ian, Hornby did 34083 605 Squadron airsmoothed. 603 Squadron is 34077, never produced by Hornby until now.

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Gold

It's about that time of year for your Heavy General Overhaul isn't it?  :jester:  :jester:

Funny you should say that...in the works now for general system overhaul in undisclosed location involving fresh air,exercise and similar threatening conditions including good food and beverage.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived