DCC Concepts

bgman

Having purchased a box of 6 DCC Concepts Cobalt digital motors some 18 months ago, for my ready to go stash, I unfortunately found 4 of the 6 faulty. My first port of call being the retailer I was told due to the purchase date they couldn't help. I then contacted DCC Concepts directly by e-mail explaining the problem together with photos etc and within 12 hours ( time zones accepted ) I'd received a reply saying they would solve the problem.

Long story short, I received 4 new replacement motors yesterday at no cost or requirement to return the faulty ones. They were posted from their base in Perth W.A. last Monday and arrived in Devon just 7 days later.

Excellent customer relations and service well done DCC Concepts a big thank you.

• Like 5

Having purchased a box of 6 DCC Concepts Cobalt digital motors some 18 months ago, for my ready to go stash, I unfortunately found 4 of the 6 faulty. My first port of call being the retailer I was told due to the purchase date they couldn't help. I then contacted DCC Concepts directly by e-mail explaining the problem together with photos etc and within 12 hours ( time zones accepted ) I'd received a reply saying they would solve the problem.

Long story short, I received 4 new replacement motors yesterday at no cost or requirement to return the faulty ones. They were posted from their base in Perth W.A. last Monday and arrived in Devon just 7 days later.

Excellent customer relations and service well done DCC Concepts a big thank you.

I only ever had one go bad, but they provided excellent service on that too, didn't even care to have me return the faulty one as they said it wasn't worth me wasting the postage on it. I love the new IP Digitals.

Just curious, since you'd had a stash that were 18 months old, did they replace them with the new IP digital version? They are a nice improvement on the originals even, so you've got a bonus if that's the case :)

• Like 1

I only ever had one go bad........

Just curious, since you'd had a stash that were 18 months old, did they replace them with the new IP digital version? They are a nice improvement on the originals even, so you've got a bonus if that's the case :)

Hi Ian

Me too, the gearing seemed to stick on the return.

These were digital and I offered to return them but they said it wasn't worth it so they were a direct replacement for IP digital which were purchased originally.

The others are all original motors which I operate with their AD-8fx units without any problems through my ECoS.

Grahame

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1

DCC Concepts are my local model shop (local, in a WA context, meaning "less than a full day's drive to get there" :D) and so I've been in a few times for modelling solder, flux etc. Richard the proprietor enormously knowlegable and helpful and is always ready for a lengthy chat and discussion of all aspects of the hobby, especially technical matters, and my visits have generally been pleasantly extended.

Big tick from me.

• Like 1

*** First, thanks for the kind words... 

I'd not normally comment on a thread like this but there are several good/fair questions among the comments.

Settle is not open yet - We are doing a huge renovation (think "old axe, new head and new handle too" level) so its a total gut and replace for whats there.... basically everything except exterior walls and roof!.

It takes time. we hope for August late, but I am a realist and think that no matter how hard staff work on it... September is probable.

Re replacements: If we realise the probable issue and have reconfirmed its not user issues, we hate waste so do not ask for return.... its quicker and easier to send new straight away. (The real secret is nice customers and good communicators get top service... grumpy one take just a little longer :-).

Re the sticking units, we know the problem isn't your fault - or ours: It was a poorly managed injecton mould process that created an ever so slightly uneven shrinkage in case plastic - B#(*^$ annoying as they tested perfect on manufacture, work well when installed by the user then start sticking later. To make it worse the gentlest of taps frees them! It affected only part of one batch but really inconvenienced all of us from start to finish - I am sorry.

(The plastic manufacturer / moulding company was fired BTW)

There is actually a very easy fix for those with good hands.... but we do of course replace rather than make customers rework. If anyone has these I can happily send you the easy rework instructions as well as new ones... so you have a few freebies in the spares box that work well!

YES - if we replaced now we'd do it with current models. Omega for original analog, Digital for original digital.

Kind regards

Richard

DCCconcepts

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

What great news for this part of the world. Now I will have two shops to consider, Craven Models at Skipton and DCC at Settle. All the best for the new venture.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, the UK operation at Settle is now up and running for trade and web business.

The showroom is due to open in mid-November.

It also appears that the revamped web site is either live, or close to going live.

The current version now shows prices in UK£, if browsing from the UK.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/live-interesting-times/

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Paid a pre-Christmas visit to the new Settle shop. Just went for a look as I didn't have a shopping list. A bit hard to find out where on The Sidings it is as it has no signage at the moment, but it's the unit with the blue roof just behind the station and next to the converted water tower. Very spacious shop full of DCC electrical goodies and there's going to be an impressive 4mm model of Ribblehead viaduct in the showroom too. I expect stock will build up in the coming months. Only about 12 miles from me so will pop in regularly.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

I ordered an Alpha-mimic unit a couple of days ago and it arrived today.  

It is a great piece of equipment and it does exactly as it says on the tin.  Connect your DCC bus, plug in your LEDs and away you go.  Of course now I have to build the actual mimic panel don't I.

Great service and response to a phone call couldn't have been more helpful.