Class 37 cutaway buffer beams

cheesysmith

I have 2 centre head code box 37s I wish to do as some TI blue examples. I am thinking of one as a version with cutaway buffer skirting and one still with the full skirts, but I need help in finding examples of each in this for the timeframe of aprox 1978 to 1982. If anybody can help, please. Or if anybody can provide photos or guidance where to look?

• RMweb Premium

Not a Tinsley example, but 37231 was running with only No.2 end cut and oval buffers during the summer of 1980. I guess this was either due to accident damage or an urgent need for motive power before both ends could be completed.

And don`t it look better, with the skirts & round buffers.

• 5 months later...

And don`t it look better, with the skirts & round buffers.

I was looking for the 'No, you must be joking button' but failed to find it. It's a bit like say green diesels looked better - Its not a crime to do so but so very wrong (except for those weird things without traction motors).

1980 loco shed book Tinsley class 37 are 37123,128,133,134,135,136,169,209,226 , best option is to search for pics of these and those described by River cider above and going by the dates shown in the photos,

Have most of the locoshed books somewhere will post if I find them

Baz

Archived