Manchester Pullman Mark 3 Pullman stock interior layout

GordonC

Was there any difference in the interior layout of the Mark 3 Pullman coaches used on the Manchester and Merseyside Pullman trains on the WCML in the 1980s compared to normal 1st Class Open coaches? Was it just the same 2+1 seating layout?

Does anyone have any photos of the interiors?

Thanks,

Gordon

The interier of the Mk3b Pullmans was the same as the rest of the other Mk3b FOs (and BFO) with salmon coloured IC80 seats (there may have been a sign telling you about the person it was named after - apart from traveling the north end of the WCML on weekend first I did not get to travel first in the 1980's and the dedicated sets did not seem to be used at the weekends). The remaining Mk3a FOs were later refubised with IC80 seats. Most (all?) Mk3a/b FOs seemed to have been redone with redish coloured moquet.

I n the seventies my boss was a regular on this service from Manchester it was a perk ,but I had to travel second class and eventualy had to drive to the north ,he liked the interior and the food .Table lamps two by one seating  and window blinds unlike second class!

Archived