Perranporth Jtcn

Cornish_Rail

hello i recently stripped my 8x12 shed out and im rebuilding my layout based around Perranporth if the line hadnt of closed this is the plan so far im open to any suggestions of any kind would be appreciated

the layout is going to be

.00 gauge most of the straights being intercity models fast track

.the layout it based 1970- present day

post-6927-126848616945_thumb.jpg

post-6927-12684198609_thumb.jpg

Are you modelling it as a terminus, or does it loop round at the bottom to make a tail-chaser? I can't see a junction or is it off-stage, and do you have a destination in mind for the "branch off a branch"?

Unfortunately I never got to see the prototype, but it does look really attractive. One feature I like was due to the island platform; that being that lorries had to back across the running line to load/unload, and a board crossing was provided to allow this.

I wonder if one our signalling experts knows whether there was some signal protection for this procedure, or if it was just something that happened because Paddington was a long way away!

Good luck with the project, should be a good'un.

Ed

hi Ed

its going to be a terminus as space doesnt permit me to have a tail-chaser i may keep the island platform and update it as im setting it in the 1980's onwards.

the branchline off the branch is going to lead to a fictional china clay work's

cheers dave

thank you westerner my layout is loosely based on this plan but has been updated to late 80's early 90's although i may keep a separate coal siding to give me a reason to run a small rake hea's would ther have been a drop or was it shipped straight off ??

david

• 2 months later...

post-6927-127646084248_thumb.jpg

Finally got around to updating the progress of perranporth jtcn after a manic few months. Ive fitted the foam boards on the station side and started tracklaying although i need to order some more boards for the countryside section tomorrow i decided agianst the end to end idea as i thought a single track roundy would keep my younger cousin more interested as he is only 4 will update with pictures tomorrow this is the basic track plan

Nothing wrong with a roundy- I went through the end to end era and decided that it wasn't railway modelling as I wanted it. There's something about watching trains running that is quite satisfying; probably a train set memory- but it makes the locos a far better runner if they can cut loose now and then. Keep us posted on this one.

Richard

• 5 weeks later...

finally found the lead for my camara lol

ive been slowly working on station area and so far about half the shed is done i even had a suprise visitor as Captian Kernow came to oversee the replacement of a point blade on the goods loop lol

post-6927-127936697775_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936709063_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936743329_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936752219_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936771888_thumb.jpg

post-6927-12793680572_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936814222_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936842079_thumb.jpg

post-6927-127936854022_thumb.jpg

Archived