Catnip Enterprises TH200IR: request for help

Cheshire001

Hi,

I have the offer of one of the above from the collection of a deceased member of our club.

Unfortunately there are no instructions.

There are 2 red and 2 black leads coming out of the master unit.   I gather from the limited amount of information on the internet that one pair goes to the power supply and the other to the track.   But which way round?

Can anyone help please?

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I have the offer of one of the above from the collection of a deceased member of our club.

Unfortunately there are no instructions.

There are 2 red and 2 black leads coming out of the master unit.   I gather from the limited amount of information on the internet that one pair goes to the power supply and the other to the track.   But which way round?

Can anyone help please?

Don't know & while I remember seeing these units in the shops, I've never used one. Definitely Australian designed, but if you want to work out the wiring, you're goinf to have to dismantle it & post the configuration here, for discussion.

Thanks for the reply.   Had thought of looking inside.   There is only one screw which doesn't appear to release anything.   Box almost looks sealed - presumably held together with snap-lock clips inside.   Hence reason for my taking the easy way out and asking here.

Will have a more determined look later on and post here if I find anything useful.

It's rather frustrating but there were some images culled from ebay by Worthpoint(?) showing images of them for sales with the instructions just out of focus in the background!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the reply.   Had thought of looking inside.   There is only one screw which doesn't appear to release anything.   Box almost looks sealed - presumably held together with snap-lock clips inside.   Hence reason for my taking the easy way out and asking here.

Will have a more determined look later on and post here if I find anything useful.

It's rather frustrating but there were some images culled from ebay by Worthpoint(?) showing images of them for sales with the instructions just out of focus in the background!

Tony Walsham used to work with the guy who designed the Catnip controllers. Perhaps its worth asking him if able to help?

http://www.rcs-rc.com/pages/history

I can see that it says "Connect the blue (black) wires to a ...volt...ac or dc transformer.......red wires to the track" the rest is illegible.

Archived