APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)

Trying to check on profess on the models but can't access the website is there a problem with it?

Not the first time I gave had issues accessing

Have just checked and I cannot access it either. Must be the wrong sort of leaves on the line somewhere

Trying to check on profess on the models but can't access the website is there a problem with it?

Not the first time I gave had issues accessing

I seem to have problems accessing this site on weekends

Just tried & the little dots just kept circling until they gave up and told me "Can't reach this page"

john

It's all about the web site provider's late running weekend backups, and it's happened before.

I got onto the site OK just now and it seems that all the kits up to #6 have been posted by now.

Edited by Mr_Tilt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be fun to have a 3D printed Kit Spackman 'Kit'

Do a Kit Scan in 3D first.

Then he can be stood in a the POP (-:

On a more serious note, well done with your model.

It's brilliant!!!

What do you think to doing the aerodynamic nose fairing as a kit to put onto a class 86?!

And simpler exterior cladding versions of the POP?

Rob

It would be fun to have a 3D printed Kit Spackman 'Kit'

Do a Kit Scan in 3D first.

Then he can be stood in a the POP (-:

Don't think Paul hasn't suggested it!  :O

But I'm not the same Kit as I was back then. I may be the same height but I'm quite a bit wider and I don't have the Marsha-Hunt hair do these days either! but Paul reckons he's got ways round all that...........  :D

• Like 3

Don't think Paul hasn't suggested it!  :O

Hahaha lol that's funny. I'd love to have heard the conversation!

Yep weight and hair can be changed in a 3D program.

There can be a then and now version.

Inc Paul then and now versions too.

I love weathering models to look dilapidated but I'd drawn the line at doing the E train in mid life as that was unbearable.

Ha not saying you guys look dilapidated hehe. Just thinking of modelling all things apt, then and now.

I've always dreamed of 10car APT-E's sat together in mass on a layout. Dreams can happen on a model railway.

The POP would be nice in O and N too!

• Like 1

Hi all,

My printers didn't enjoy the xmas break like I did, and have been playing me up something rotten,  time due to work isn't on my side to, but I am plodding on as much as I can.

PoP does need a Kit (Kit), had a version done, but not happy with it, its just not KIT enough LOL.

N gauge PoP is 99% done, just need to get the printers sorted so I can make sure it works ok, several prototypes made before Christmas.

PoP 2 is well on the way, and will get back to it once I have the printers running ok, they do tend to require a lot of TLC.

Happy new year everyone.

Regards

Paul

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

I was going to wait till I'd finished, but family, work and rescue dog are slowing me down. !!!

This is what she looks like so far.

Take care Darren

Goodness, that all looks very nostalgic.

Mind you, it's VERY clean, and apart from Run 1 I'm not sure if POP-Train was ever clean!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

That looks  SPLENDID!  :good:

I love the way you've got the consist exactly right for many of our Old Dalby tests, Peak on the front, the BSK generator coach (later to become Lab 10) then PC3, PC4 and Lab 3 on the end. Great stuff.  :D

• Like 1

Thanks Kitt, Lab 3 is all down to your help could not have done it with out you.

Decals from Steve at Railtec transfers ( I pestered him too get the in time for when i finished the PoP train ).

Thanks Steve.

Mojo by Bob.

• Like 1

Only too glad to help out, and it's great seeing POP-Train again, even in 1/76 scale, seeing as BR scrapped the real thing, Philistines!  :nono:

Steve does good work at Railtec, he did the custom decals for my American N gauge 'own road' layout, Smalltown-USA, and they're terrific.  :good:

jNe20m.jpg

• Like 2