APT POP TRAIN Kit (under design & construction)

• RMweb Gold

Paul,

Just spotted this so all I can say I hope that better times come soon and I wish a speedy  recovery. As an N modeller all I can say is thankyou for making the effort to finalise  the N files and I for certain will download, my workmate`s kids school has a printer and if it can work then brilliant if not I will find a way to showcase.

Keep smiling it confuses the enemy!

Robert   

• Like 1

Paul, thank you for posting the files, I have purchased a 3D printer which I hope to get next week (after payday!) and I will do some test prints then. Once I'm satisfied I will print copies for anyone that wants some with any surplus generated going to the 2859 Locomotive Group.

Hi All,

As promised, the link to all the POP 1 model stl files, these can be loaded into any cad/art package.

I have included every single part file, and some test ones, plus the PDF instructions.

www.apt-e.org/POP1.zip

Although I have pulled the plug on production, I am still going to finish the N gauge version, and again will post the files on here.

Hope you all enjoy.

Regards

Paul

Can't wait to see the N version, and you are a champion for sharing them for free!

Hi All,

The thin base section can be printed on a 200 x200 plate, set the model at 45 degrees and it does just fit, make sure you have the skirt 2mm or less ,  next to the model or it will drop off the side.

All other parts can be printed with no problems.

Hope that helps you guys.

If anyone is printing there own parts, I would love to see how you are all managing, at least makes me feel I totally havent wasted my time, please post picture updates.

Regards

Paul

LOL : As it happens, I have just had a email through to say I have won a 3d printer, I think someone is trying to tell me something.

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 3

Hi All,

The thin base section can be printed on a 200 x200 plate, set the model at 45 degrees and it does just fit, make sure you have the skirt 2mm or less ,  next to the model or it will drop off the side.

All other parts can be printed with no problems.

Hope that helps you guys.

If anyone is printing there own parts, I would love to see how you are all managing, at least makes me feel I totally havent wasted my time, please post picture updates.

Regards

Paul

LOL : As it happens, I have just had a email through to say I have won a 3d printer, I think someone is trying to tell me something.

What printer have you won?  sounds like your project is back on the go.

Am sure the base in OO fits on a 200x200mm printer.  Am scaling it up a bit for gauge 3, 337.78% to be precise, so am having to cut the base into sections.

The first 3 parts are printed but not glued together due to slight issue with all the glue wandering off somewhere I think to party with the lost socks and teaspoons in this house.

Going to be a while before this is finished!

post-13823-0-31515700-1506509794_thumb.jpg

please excuse the mess!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi All,

Ive got 20 kits 75% done, but due to a host of issues not had any time, or the energy to do the rest.

Do any of you have access to a 3d printer, if so, would anyone be interested in the models STL files, if so drop me a line. In the meantime, I will plod on.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Wish you all the best for your health.

You mention that you have 20 kits 75% done - is there anyway that we could make use of what you have done (for payment of course)? Conscious you might not be in a position to even post them.

Thought it worth asking to reward you for the effort you have put in.

Cheers,

Andrew

• RMweb Premium

Not sure where paul is based, but I could in theory collect the 75% completed kits, print the remaining 25% and organise for them to be available to whoever wants them. Obviously Paul would need to get the funds for the 75% he has completed.

Thank you - I'd definitely be in!

Not sure where paul is based, but I could in theory collect the 75% completed kits, print the remaining 25% and organise for them to be available to whoever wants them. Obviously Paul would need to get the funds for the 75% he has completed.

If you were able to complete the kits, with Paul's agreement, then I would certainly be interested in buying one.  Could I suggest that priority be given to those people who originally ordered from Paul?  I will admit self interest here as I was 14th on the list.

Best wishes

Roddy

If you were able to complete the kits, with Paul's agreement, then I would certainly be interested in buying one.  Could I suggest that priority be given to those people who originally ordered from Paul?  I will admit self interest here as I was 14th on the list.

Best wishes

Roddy

I will await to hear what Paul says, I am collecting my printer this week (was ment to be tonight but for personal reasons had to delay). Please do bear in mind that there may be differences between the two in terms of colours and finish etc but should still work.

He's York based. I dropped by at his place earlier this year for other APT related business and saw his prototype kit all built up, looked superb.

• Like 1