12mm Dual Gauge Track

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any combined 12mm and 9mm dual gauge track suppliers? I know of the 16.5 and 12 or 9mm track from Tillig and the 16.5 dual gauge track from Shinohara, but I have a need for 12/9mm dual gauge track to represent metre/600mm dual gauge track.

Cheers,

from Australia

Chris

• RMweb Gold

12mm a bit oversized for metre gauge (I assume you are modelling at 1:87). 9mm massively oversized for 600mm. Any pointwork will be a bit easier to make with a greater difference between the gauges.  (16.5mm/9mm gives quite a decent result at 1:64)

Thank you all for the advice. As I am modelling three gauges to represent the Australian contribution to railway operation during WW1 I will stick with 16.5, 12 and 9mm track. This is due to my own inexperience and the availability of mechanisms and RTR products.

I was hoping to create a dual metre/60cm gauge street scene and possibly a single metre/60cm bridge crossing. I think I will go down the other track of a Tillig dual standard/metre gauge track for the bridge scene and lay the 60cm on the other side of the road. As I rediscover long lost skills, I will come back to the thread and explore the idea for the metre/60cm track later.

Again, thank you for all the tips and I do like the Proto87 products.

Cheers,

Chris

Australia

Archived