Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

12mm Dual Gauge Track

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any combined 12mm and 9mm dual gauge track suppliers? I know of the 16.5 and 12 or 9mm track from Tillig and the 16.5 dual gauge track from Shinohara, but I have a need for 12/9mm dual gauge track to represent metre/600mm dual gauge track.

Cheers,

from Australia

Chris

• RMweb Gold

12mm a bit oversized for metre gauge (I assume you are modelling at 1:87). 9mm massively oversized for 600mm. Any pointwork will be a bit easier to make with a greater difference between the gauges.  (16.5mm/9mm gives quite a decent result at 1:64)

Thank you all for the advice. As I am modelling three gauges to represent the Australian contribution to railway operation during WW1 I will stick with 16.5, 12 and 9mm track. This is due to my own inexperience and the availability of mechanisms and RTR products.

I was hoping to create a dual metre/60cm gauge street scene and possibly a single metre/60cm bridge crossing. I think I will go down the other track of a Tillig dual standard/metre gauge track for the bridge scene and lay the 60cm on the other side of the road. As I rediscover long lost skills, I will come back to the thread and explore the idea for the metre/60cm track later.

Again, thank you for all the tips and I do like the Proto87 products.

Cheers,

Chris

Australia

Archived