Plant City, Florida. 3rd Oct 2016.

Hey everyone.

I'm currently on holiday in sunny Florida and made the drive down to Plant City to check out the museum there and spend some time on the observation platform and see what came by.

Afterwards I decided to go explore the town and as sods law would have it two more trains came by when I was too far away to get decent shots.

That said I'll post what I did get...

• RMweb Gold

Nice Amtrak train - P42, one of the new baggage cars, two Viewliner sleepers, an Amfleet II café, and a bunch of Amfleet II coaches. Presumably that was the Silver Star.

Adrian

That's the train that used to split near Winter Haven with a portion to Tampa then headed to Fort Myers....well that's my story!!

I did make my trip to Lakeland/Plant City, no problems.  It was ugly here in the Raleigh area on 8 October - raining like mad and 45 mph wind gusts but eastern NC took the real brunt of the storm with flooding that continues now.

Nice Amtrak train - P42, one of the new baggage cars, two Viewliner sleepers, an Amfleet II café, and a bunch of Amfleet II coaches. Presumably that was the Silver Star.

Adrian

Yes, it was the Star.  The Meteor doesn't run thru Plant City.  The Star's been annulled for over a week now; first as a pre-emptive move ahead of Matthew then after the flooding in Eastern NC caused a couple of wash outs. 

Here's a couple of photos from a friend taken at Fayetteville NC.  The bridge is over the Cape Fear River, it's a CSX branch to Vander, NC; photos taken two days after the storm.  The flooding is biblical...

post-751-0-74246800-1476573221_thumb.jpg

post-751-0-27933000-1476573230_thumb.jpg

Archived