Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

On thing though, Corporate blue 08's and Talyllyn Junction shouldn't be in the same sentence ha ha...

Ahhh, but we're all allowed a little indulgence along the way!

I've just looked inside the 08 and the speaker had moved a little bit and the face was reverberating against one of the body supports inside. :O  A little bit of rectification work tomorrow and try again.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

A full day at the WB on the Brassworks 08, unfortunately it's been a bit 'One step forward, two steps back!!'

Tried applying the chevron transfers but c@cked it up, I even tried cutting them up into small sections, but I just couldn't get them to lay (my problem more than the transfers). Totally exasperated, so I decided, in for a penny, in for a pound, I painted them on by hand with a brush. I used a gel pen to mark out the lines, and then brush painted them on.

Not perfect, but this is being heavily weathered anyway, so I'm sure the eye will be drawn away from any small imperfections.

I've also attached the transfers on one side of the body as well, excellent transfers from Railtec and  you can read the depot code as well as some of the data panel details.

The picture shows the buffer beams as being a lighter yellow than the cab end, but I can assure you it is the same, as it's the same paint!!!!

post-14906-0-32329300-1479324352_thumb.jpg

I've also re-worked the crank pins from the big silly nuts that the Brassworks 08 comes with, I turned each one down and then filed two flats onto them, then re-assembled them. I just need to touch in the yellow on them.

post-14906-0-79093600-1479324359_thumb.jpg

A second day off tomorrow, with a "Do not disturb" sign on the garage, where I've got some of the cab details that I've made up to just touch in with some different colours for pipework, etc. I've also got to wire up the shunting lights with the SMD LED's and fibre optics through the light units.

• Like 12

A full day at the WB on the Brassworks 08, unfortunately it's been a bit 'One step forward, two steps back!!'

Tried applying the chevron transfers but c@cked it up, I even tried cutting them up into small sections, but I just couldn't get them to lay (my problem more than the transfers). Totally exasperated, so I decided, in for a penny, in for a pound, I painted them on by hand with a brush. I used a gel pen to mark out the lines, and then brush painted them on.

Not perfect, but this is being heavily weathered anyway, so I'm sure the eye will be drawn away from any small imperfections.

I've also attached the transfers on one side of the body as well, excellent transfers from Railtec and  you can read the depot code as well as some of the data panel details.

The picture shows the buffer beams as being a lighter yellow than the cab end, but I can assure you it is the same, as it's the same paint!!!!

attachicon.gifWB 015.jpg

I've also re-worked the crank pins from the big silly nuts that the Brassworks 08 comes with, I turned each one down and then filed two flats onto them, then re-assembled them. I just need to touch in the yellow on them.

attachicon.gifWB 014.jpg

A second day off tomorrow, with a "Do not disturb" sign on the garage, where I've got some of the cab details that I've made up to just touch in with some different colours for pipework, etc. I've also got to wire up the shunting lights with the SMD LED's and fibre optics through the light units.

That's an improvement from when I saw it last week mate, really neat job, especially with the stripes.

It`d be interesting to see a side by side comparision of the Bachmann & Dapol offerings.

Because from what i can make out they both have some considerable differences in finesse between them as regards too details,

ie;the long hinge straps & hand rails to name a few.

But nice job so far.

Brian.

That's an improvement from when I saw it last week mate, really neat job, especially with the stripes.

Thanks Andy, off for a nice brew and feet up now!!!

It`d be interesting to see a side by side comparision of the Bachmann & Dapol offerings.

Because from what i can make out they both have some considerable differences in finesse between them as regards too details,

ie;the long hinge straps & hand rails to name a few.

But nice job so far.

Brian.

Thanks Tove,

Bachmann Brassworks did two models, early and late, obviously the early with the long hinges, ladders,  and the late, as above, no ladders, short hinges, pressed steel doors and steel cab door!! Both had twin Exhauster boxes on the front of the footplate both sides.

Nice work on the waspstripes and hand painted what ? I can't tell difference lol

Brian

Thanks Brian, I'm now officially cross eyed!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

So I'm happily away de-stressing in Centre Parcs and I catch up on this, a Dapol 08!!!  Back to being stressed and wanting to go 7mm thanks mate  :O

The Dapol 08 is on the previous page Paul.

The one above is the Brassworks 08 that I've been working on!!!

Have a nice time away ;)

Jinty ;)

• RMweb Gold

The Dapol 08 is on the previous page Paul.

The one above is the Brassworks 08 that I've been working on!!!

Have a nice time away ;)

Jinty ;)

Oh I know Jinty they're both great, an if I could come up with a tiny plan I would be tempted :O

Cheers

• Like 1

Well after one or two beers (well maybe 8 or 10) I've just done something stupid :O always wanted to weather something o gauge.

All your fault Jinty!!!

Woah you can't blame me!!!!! I don't drink! :O

This is the problem when you mix alcohol, tiredness and the internet.

So what have you done?

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Might of purchased a gronk :O

I'll start sorting spare room out for when Kathryn finds out lol :)

Brian

Edited because my phone finds it hard to put emojis on here now :(

Edited by bri.s

Oh I know Jinty they're both great, an if I could come up with a tiny plan I would be tempted

Cheers

You will....

Well after one or two beers (well maybe 8 or 10) I've just done something stupid  always wanted to weather something o gauge.

All your fault Jinty!!!

Woah you can't blame me!!!!! I don't drink!

This is the problem when you mix alcohol, tiredness and the internet.

So what have you done?

Jinty

Might of purchased a gronk

I'll start sorting spare room out for when Kathryn finds out lol

Brian

Edited because my phone finds it hard to put emojis on here now :(

I might need a spare room as well after meeting Jinty and Muddys, hahaha

They REALLY are a bad pair, :O  especially when together, :no: hahhaha

I think my Gronk order has just gone up to 3, but not sure. :nono:  :scared:  :scratchhead:  :nono:   :O  :triniti:

I might need a spare room as well after meeting Jinty and Muddys, hahaha

They REALLY are a bad pair, :O  especially when together, :no: hahhaha

I think my Gronk order has just gone up to 3, but not sure. :nono:  :scared:  :scratchhead:  :nono:   :O  :triniti:

I'll get bunk beds lol

Brian

I won't bother unpacking mate I'll be over as soon as I've dropped Kathryn off ;)

You and Andrew will have to fight for top bunk lol

Brian

It must be the Welsh air. After all Paul was near Gronant not long ago, Andy was on his jollies here last week and Larry lives here!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I turned too!!!! Oooooh something dark and sinister, Nah, it's just the inside of Talyllyn tunnel.

Joking aside, 7mm is an impressive scale to work in, not only that, but when you have locomotives RTR for less than £200 it becomes more affordable, and you need less of it too.

The kit building side is enjoyable to some including me, and the detail that can be incorporated is fantastic.

All in all I'm very happy I made the move to 7mm, and the skills shown by others on here are a great incentive to try harder.

Welcome to the fold Paul ;)

Jinty ;)

• Like 1