Festival of British Railway Modelling 2017 - Doncaster 11/12 Feb 2017

Andy Y

post-1-0-73000500-1480939054.jpg

The 11th & 12th February 2017 will see Warners once again return to Doncaster Racecourse for the 21st annual Festival of British Railway Modelling.

There will be over 80 exhibitors selling a wide array of items plus over 30 layouts visiting in a variety of major scales. 

Booking your tickets in advance saves you money, gives you 30 minutes’ early admission and a free showguide. 

Layouts
Arigna Town 7mm
post-1-0-62642200-1477047881_thumb.jpg

Bacup Engine Shed OO
post-1-0-77230100-1477047882_thumb.jpg

Ben Moor Foot Peat Railway O-16.5
Bewdley N
post-1-0-76961600-1477047883_thumb.jpg

Blue is the Colour N
post-1-0-99440600-1477047884_thumb.jpg

Burnham on Sea N /2mm
post-1-0-81708400-1477047885_thumb.jpg

Caverswall Junction N
post-1-0-76391400-1477047886_thumb.jpg

Cottingvale Harbour N
Dovington Camp OO
post-1-0-79964000-1477047887_thumb.jpg

Earl's Court OO
post-1-0-91375000-1477047888_thumb.jpg

East Lynn and Nunstanton S
post-1-0-83537300-1477047889_thumb.jpg

Ebridge Mill OO
Freshwater EM
Grime Street OO
post-1-0-79188000-1477047892_thumb.jpg

Heanor South OO
Hinton Parva OO
post-1-0-32280700-1477047894_thumb.jpg

Hooper's Aggregates OO
post-1-0-52925200-1477047898_thumb.jpg

Lomond Street OO
New Kensal Green OO
post-1-0-55803400-1477047899_thumb.jpg

Newcastleton OO
Newchapel Junction O
Oakley Green OO
Roundtree Sidings EM
Roxby Town N
Saltdean O
Saltdean.jpg

Trewithick EM
Up the Line O-16.5
post-1-0-69851200-1477047900_thumb.jpg

Vale of Oxbury -  BR Western Region N
post-6860-0-12600300-1466352203_thumb.jp

Water Street Sidings O
post-1-0-44109400-1477047880_thumb.jpg

Welby Lane R.T.C OO

Traders:

247 Developments
73082 Camelot Locomotive Society
A1 Models
Anoraks Anonymous
Aspire Gifts & Models
Book Law/Santona Publications
Ceynix
Cheltenham Model Centre
Craftlights
DC Kits - D & E Videos
DC Kits - Legomanbiffo
REALTRACK Models- DE Videos
DCC Trains Automation
Deltic Preservation Society
DEMU
Digitrains Ltd
Doncaster Model Railway Club
Doncaster P2 Cock O'The North Trust
Doon Valley Models
DoubleO Scenics
Eileens Emporium
Fawn Electronics
Footplate/Flangeway
Gaugemaster.com
Golden Age Models Limited
Gramodels
Great Northern Railway Society
Green Scene
Hafixs Industrial Products
Hobby Holidays
Holden F5 Steam Locomotive Trust
International Railway Master Index
Invicta Model Rail Ltd
Jangles UK
Keen Systems
Kytes Lights
Layouts4U
M&J Taylor T/A Going Loco
Mad About Trains
Megapoint Controllers
Model Electronics Railway Group (MERG)
Model Railway Developments
Modelmania
N Gauge Society
Online Models Ltd
OO Live Steam Club
P & D Marsh Models
Parkside Dundas
Petite Properties
Replica Railways
Severn Models
Shawplan Model Products
Skytrex Model Railways
Steve Currinn Books & G Gauge Models
Sweets of Yesteryear
Ten Commandments
The 2mm Scale Association
The E.M Gauge Society Limited (Doncaster)
The Gauge O Guild
The Hereford Model Centre
The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Soc.
The Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Trust Ltd
Tmc Custom Finish Locomotives
Tonys Trains at Barby Model Rail
Toulan 2000 Ltd
Train-Tech
TTC (formerly Loughborough Model Centre)
Wizard Models

Clubs & Societies
The following clubs and societies have already confirmed their attendance at our 2017 event. Keep checking back for more updates.

73082 Camelot Locomotive Society
Deltic Preservation Society
Demu
Doncaster And District Model Railway Club
Doncaster P2 Cock O' The North Trust
Great Northern Railway Society
Holden F5 Steam Locomotive Trust
Merg - Model Electronics Railway Group
N Gauge Society
Oo Live Steam Club
The 2mm Scale Association
The E. M. Gauge Society Limited
The Gauge 0 Guild
The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Soc.
The Sir Nigel Gresley Locomotive Trust Ltd

• 1 month later...

Has no-one else noticed the problem with countdown clock in the banner advert? Correct countdown when you click on the hotlink.

I didn't. I was too busy wondering why the Festival of British Railway Modelling 2016 is on February 11/12 2017. ;)

I wish I could get to it though as East Lynn and Nunstanton is a layout I have always wanted to see. I thought I had missed the chance as it was reported as being retired.

Has anyone else had a problem buying tickets on-line for The Festival of British Railway Modelling, Doncaster February 2017?  I have gone through the process twice and each time when I press "Pay Now", I recive a message telling me that it does not recognise  The Website Address.  I was using The Bachmann Collectors Club promotion if this has any bearing on the matter.

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Booking my ticket for this show today has been frustrating to say the least.  At about 11 am I phoned the 0844 number of the Ticket Factory.  In due course my call was picked up and an attempt made by the call centre person to book a ticket for me.  He had trouble with the subscriber discount code and.to avoid racking up my phone bill further, promised to call me back in "five minutes".  I am still waiting.

After doing something else for a while I tried to use the website, something which I have always found fruitless in the past.  Although I entered the discount code in the space provided it did not implement the discount and I was unable to take the payment process through to completion.  After sending an e-mail to Exhibitions I found an e-mail from Ticket Factory inviting me to make contact with them!  After a few clicks I found their customer services number and dialled it.  Here I struck gold.  The lady who attended to me could not make the discount code work either but knew how to override it.  I now have my e-tickets for both Doncaster and Ally Pally and must put them in a safe place before anything else happens.

There must be a better way ...

Chris

Booking my ticket for this show today has been frustrating to say the least.  At about 11 am I phoned the 0844 number of the Ticket Factory.  In due course my call was picked up and an attempt made by the call centre person to book a ticket for me.  He had trouble with the subscriber discount code and.to avoid racking up my phone bill further, promised to call me back in "five minutes".  I am still waiting.

After doing something else for a while I tried to use the website, something which I have always found fruitless in the past.  Although I entered the discount code in the space provided it did not implement the discount and I was unable to take the payment process through to completion.  After sending an e-mail to Exhibitions I found an e-mail from Ticket Factory inviting me to make contact with them!  After a few clicks I found their customer services number and dialled it.  Here I struck gold.  The lady who attended to me could not make the discount code work either but knew how to override it.  I now have my e-tickets for both Doncaster and Ally Pally and must put them in a safe place before anything else happens.

There must be a better way ...

Chris

I finally got a response from Warner Shows. Apparently digital subscribers are NOT eligable for the discount. Very disappointing. It isn't exactly clear on the website as it just mentions BRM subscribers

I wish I could get to it though as East Lynn and Nunstanton is a layout I have always wanted to see. I thought I had missed the chance as it was reported as being retired.

I'm afraid that the Doncaster show will definitely be its last outing.  It had been retired but Trevor Nunn was persuaded to show it again at this exhibition.  

Jim.

I did so on 20th January, so far without response.

Chris

I have just received a response from Carolyn:

"I have now heard back from the Ticket Factory but unfortunately their technical investigations have proven inconclusive. Their online activity log indicates that hundreds of orders were successfully received around the 20th January across their sites and therefore the system glitch you experienced was not widespread.  Your subscriber ID is a valid code and the discount would normally be applied automatically."

"Normally" yes, but it did not work for me nor, I suspect, for some others.  I thanked Carolyn for trying.  That I have an advance ticket for Doncaster to which the subscriber discount has been applied is down to a kind lady in Customer Services.  Talking to a human being seems to work.

Chris 

Looking at the weather forecast for the weekend I'd suggest wrapping up warm for the early entry queue. 

It's also worth mentioning that if you have wrapped up for the journey that we do have a cloakroom which can be found to the left of the escalator after the ticket barriers opposite the lift.

Looking forward to having Burnham there, postponed it 2 years ago as I was having surgery on my neck, and last year as it was a week off a long time booking for Lytton at Stafford, and I'm getting too old for back-to-back outings! Hope to see everyone there. Alastair.

• RMweb Gold

It's also worth mentioning that if you have wrapped up for the journey that we do have a cloakroom which can be found to the left of the escalator after the ticket barriers opposite the lift.

Andy,

Do you know what the cloakroom charges are – they are a £1 an item at the NEC?

Archived