Festival of British Railway Modelling 2017 - Doncaster 11/12 Feb 2017

Andy Y

Thanks to all who were involved in the organisation and running of a great show. We enjoyed our weekend with Welby Lane and its RTC oddity fleet. Thankfully Mark had produced a 'please take one' sheet with what the vehicle was and how he built it or else Jim Ben and I would have been stuffed. Thanks to the former editor in chief of BRM for helping out most of the weekend and taking us on a trip to Sheffield on Saturday. The last train home from Sheff to Donny was something to behold, let''s just say the guard took one look into the 158 and closed and locked the door of the rear cab!

post-657-0-41455900-1487089590_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-39251500-1487089603_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-34873100-1487089622_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-60765200-1487089634_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-03154500-1487089652_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Apologies this is delayed, I've only just got round to having a look through what I took.  Wandered to the BRM Festival of Railway Modelling at Doncaster, which seemed really well supported.  Rather than just putting a couple of pics on here, I've uploaded several to my Flickr site - if you are after inspiration, or like to see the detail in models, take a look.  A lot of variety from pre-grouping to modern day, N to O and everything in between!

https://www.flickr.c...157679006345420

Rich

Apologies this is delayed, I've only just got round to having a look through what I took.  Wandered to the BRM Festival of Railway Modelling at Doncaster, which seemed really well supported.  Rather than just putting a couple of pics on here, I've uploaded several to my Flickr site - if you are after inspiration, or like to see the detail in models, take a look.  A lot of variety from pre-grouping to modern day, N to O and everything in between!

https://www.flickr.c...157679006345420

Rich

Thanks to Marsh Lane for the photos. One of the problems I find is that I don't see much of the show with running Burnham. These shots made up for that. Now to do it all again at Chapel-en-le-frith!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Marsh Lane for the photos. One of the problems I find is that I don't see much of the show with running Burnham. These shots made up for that. Now to do it all again at Chapel-en-le-frith!

Thanks Lytton,

Glad they were of interest!  I struggled with Burnham, as the lighting on the layout and that part of the building wasn't the brightest.  Thats no criticism to the layout owner, it was fine to look at, but the camera, with a telephoto lens struggled a bit!  Unfortunately, I didn't get shots of every layout - but hopefully there's something of interest/inspiration!

Rich

Archived