New Deltic Sounds with DriveLock frm Legomanbiffo.

charliepetty

Sounds good Charlie!     Is it fitted with an EM2?  Or perhaps Bif's earlier Deltic speaker recommendation? 

Martin-C

As a bit of background to this, the Deltic sound fit developed by Steve has gone through around ten different stages of improvement before he has settled on the existing one (which I think I'm right in saying is an EM2 in a milled chassis, with no mods to the fuel tank). I also think I'm right in saying that the same mod can be applied to the prototype Deltic, but don't quote me on that.

When carrying out sound fits for customers we always give them the best fit available at that time, but as you know we are constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible in terms of the speakers themselves, where and how they are fitted, and the sounds themselves. Regular visitors to our stand have witnessed this over the years. The unintended consequence, much like it was with desktop PC's a few years back, is that a better solution might come along after you've upgraded. I don't think anyone would want us to stop experimenting to avoid that though, as it's for the common good. We're modellers as well remember :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...