Benidorm - Denia line FGV Costa Blanca

Pete 75C

• RMweb Premium

There is a report in this weekends Costa Blanca news that the line in Benidorm is now complete.

Work continues on the underpass, but the track above are now open.

In theory that means a seamless journey from Alicante.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

There is a report in this weekends Costa Blanca news that the line in Benidorm is now complete.

Work continues on the underpass, but the track above are now open.

In theory that means a seamless journey from Alicante.

The Spanish health and safety aspect of this I must go down and see!

I would imagine a man with two table tennis bats waving them randomly at train and site workers will suffice!

Mike.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

The Spanish health and safety aspect of this I must go down and see!

I would imagine a man with two table tennis bats waving them randomly at train and site workers will suffice!

Mike.

If thats the case Mike, we need a video 😎

The newspaper article says that the work took 10 months instead of 14.... in Spain? Really? 🤣

Oh! I should add that the Infrastructure company is committed to removing all level crossings... Presumably then at some date ion the future the pedestrian crossing will be replaced.

Edited by Neal Ball

• RMweb Gold

Oh yes, a video is a must!

Something getting completed in Spain 4 months ahead of schedule, I am as incredulous as you, depends what they are classing as "the work", technically it's already over run, and started late to boot.

Mike.

Typed whilst watching one of the professional cycling teams doing winter practice up the road in the valley below.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Geoff P said:

Through trains from Benidorm to Teulada using the old units because of weight restriction on bridge south of Benissa, then new units from Teulada to Denia, hourly service.

This bridge is still due to be replaced, but they only went out to tender a few months ago.

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Interest piqued.

I might have a day out next week, anyone for pictures?

Mike.

That’ll be good Mike thank you

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi there.

i have not been to Spain ( or on this site) for a while.... been moving house .

My brother is out there now and at my prompting he did Benidorm to Denia the other day.

He said the change of trains is now at Calpe and that there seemed to be a short stub if track leading away from Calpe station.

I can't quite picture this from my last travels... can any of you cast any light for me )

Cheers

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rob K said:

Hi there.

i have not been to Spain ( or on this site) for a while.... been moving house .

My brother is out there now and at my prompting he did Benidorm to Denia the other day.

He said the change of trains is now at Calpe and that there seemed to be a short stub if track leading away from Calpe station.

I can't quite picture this from my last travels... can any of you cast any light for me )

Cheers

The change of trains, as I understand it, is due to the old viaduct, which is still in use until the new one is built alongside it, can't take the weight of the new dual power units so the old ones have to be used, but at least it's better than the bus!

Mike.

• Agree 1