Ardagh Railway

Paudie30

Hey all I have decided to finally bring over my 'Ardagh Layout' over from the old RM-Site. It all started out on the 13th Mar 2008 and although progress is painfully slow, there is progress all the same. Below are the posts from the start to present and 'hopfully' from now on progress will be alot faster.

Hello all,

This is the first post of my new layout. The last time i ever touched a model railway was about 15 years ago when i was very young a helped mt father build one. We are now cleaning that one up again but building a totally new layout. This one may be a bit ambitious but i have a vision in my head of how i want it to turn out.

The brief is:

3 trains to run constantly ( i know that means alot of big radius bends)

DCC - This is a big worry for me but i have been doing alot of research on this

River feature - the railway is going to cross the river on at least 3 points.

Turntable - just wanted one of these

Steam era - Dont't think i will technically stick to one era but i am currently building up a collection of br trains.

Sidings - I want alot of these for different items - the main one i want is a cattle dock and in my fathers younger days a cattle freight train used pass regulary.

Attached it the first draft of my layout - i have to clean up some of the point turn outs but intend to do this by laying out the points on my basebord and skectching the railway lines.

I hope to keep this updated.

[attachment]Attachmentsicon_topic_attach.gif Trackplan.pdf(55.56 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

[/url]

Re: Ardagh Layout

icon_post_target.gifby Patrick » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:49 am

With a name like 'Ardagh' I'm guessing it's based on an Irish prototype, although looking at the trackplan I'm unsure as to what location you're basing it on.

Whatever the case, it looks like a lot of fun! icon_thumbsup2.gif

Edit: Oops, just saw that you mentioned "BR trains" icon_redface.gifPatrick Conboy

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 am

It not based anywhere as no place has loops like this, it just going to be a senic joy ( i hope!!!!).

The Ardagh comes from where i grew up and had an old railway passing through, a long long time ago!!!

I just want to design a good Mainline Station and have fun.

As for the BR Steamer's, i have a couple but they will be mixed with other of the big 4 companies.Regards, Paudie

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:36 pm

Dear all,

Here are some updated pic's of the proposed layout. As you can see the base board is built and I am starting to mark on the tracks with pencil.

file.php?id=10439Pic 1.jpg (73.52 KiB) Viewed 5419 timesProposed location of station. file.php?id=10440Pic 2.jpg (66.54 KiB) Viewed 5397 timesview from other side of base board. file.php?id=10441Pic 3.jpg (95.54 KiB) Viewed 5391 timesView of station with track temporaily laid.

The centre of the baseboard is only laid in loose as i have to lower it for the approx 400mm wide river. The station and platforms are laid in so i get an idea of where to run the tracks. It is not easy working to 2nd radius bends.

You can also see in the pic's i am using the 'woodland scenics' foam risers to create my inclines. I think these are very useful.

Next job is to locate all proposed points and start laying track. I will hopefully have these done soon and would appericate any comments.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Take a look at how me 'Ardagh Layout' is doing on the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19675

Also look at

http://irishrailwaymodelling.yuku.com/

[/url]

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 pm

Track sketched out and points laid in place.

file.php?id=10679Pic 4.jpg (90.83 KiB) Viewed 5114 times

Station entry,

Wait till after the weekend and the cutout for the river bed will be in place!!!!Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

http://irishrailwaymodelling.yuku.com/file.php?avatar=3040_1221742187.gif

paudie27 . Posts: 215Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:17 pmLocation: Limerick, Rep of Ireland

Ardagh Layout -River update

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Hey all,

Got some work done on the layout over the weekend. Got some kit bridges built and the river ravine inserted in the base board.

2 Metcalfe card bridges and an old Dapol Gider bridge. Gota paint the Gider bridge. It is set in the 1956 steam era so any ideas on a suitable colour.

BR green mabey???

file.php?id=11273Pic5.jpg (76.53 KiB) Viewed 4805 timesFirst Foam incline in place.

Also got the first Foam incline in place. It took a while to the the radii sorted with the high level branch line crossing the 2 main lines underneath.

file.php?id=11274Pic6.jpg (61.81 KiB) Viewed 4796 times2 stone arched bridges crossing the river.

You can see the cut out for the river in the base board on the pic above. There are 2 more bridges to cross this river but i think it will be a great feature when it is finished. Just to add some scenery. Not gonna do that till the track is laid ( and tested ) first.

file.php?id=11275Pic7.jpg (74.01 KiB) Viewed 4789 timesMy 10 wheeler in place to get some clearance issues sorted. That one is my tallest loco.

As these items are being placed i am getting more ideas to change my layout plan although the amount of turnouts are starting to add up.

Next job is to get some track laid. Job for this week and weekend.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

<H3 class=postbody>Re: Ardagh Layout</H3>icon_post_target.gifby Hunslet 102 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Paudie27

The layout is taking shape and I look forward to seeing further updates on your progress.

The layout name is defintely Irish,the landscape when complete with the viaducts will look very Irish,the only thing missing in my eyes is the Irish locos and rolling stock icon_biggrin.gif

go on go on go on go on go on go on icon_biggrin.gifHunslet 102 . Posts: 58Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm[/url]

icon_post_target.gifby invercloy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 pm

This looks interesting, i like that curve, especially the last shot!Tom.

If you don't count my rivets I won't count yours icon_wink.gif

Do you see me jumping around all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?

Narrow Gauge Wiki - Free online narrow gauge encyclopaedia

Dunbracken - my layout thread

My flickr accountfile.php?avatar=1861_1239224618.jpg

invercloy . Posts: 2474Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:54 pmLocation: A cardboard replica of Dartmoor Prison somewhere off the French coast

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:34 am

Thanks Hunslet,

After talking and seeing a couple of layouts on here i would love to run irish loco's on it. If some one could point me in the direction of irish steamers and rolling stock. I love the new Bachmann diseal loco's, is there any coaches made for these. I could image the lovely orange trains running through the countryside.

I really do want to run the big steamers on this layout and that is why i am going for the early br era. Still going to call the station 'Ardagh', nobody would give out to me over that, (would they???).

The curves invercloy took some time to get right. When you see the junction at the bottom of that foam riser when the tracks are laid you will see what i mean. icon_cool.gif.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

paudie27 . Posts: 215Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:17 pmLocation: Limerick, Rep of Ireland

icon_post_target.gifby invercloy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:18 am

icon_cool.gif

Best get laying the track then so we can all see! icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gifTom.

If you don't count my rivets I won't count yours icon_wink.gif

Do you see me jumping around all nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?

Narrow Gauge Wiki - Free online narrow gauge encyclopaedia

Dunbracken - my layout thread

My flickr accountfile.php?avatar=1861_1239224618.jpg

invercloy . Posts: 2474Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:54 pmLocation: A cardboard replica of Dartmoor Prison somewhere off the French coast

icon_post_target.gifby Hunslet 102 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:10 pm

[quote name="paudie27"

After talking and seeing a couple of layouts on here i would love to run irish loco's on it. If some one could point me in the direction of irish steamers and rolling stock. I love the new Bachmann diseal loco's' date=' is there any coaches made for these. I could image the lovely orange trains running through the countryside.

[/quote]

Paudie27

Bachmann do an Irish steam engine,a 4-6-0 in 3 different liveries along with green CIE coaches,they usually come up on ebay from time to time.Dont know much more about them as I dont follow steam.

With regards coaches to go with the Bachmann 141s,Murphy Models have announced that Cravens coaches will be available around late summer,2 different colour schemes,orange and black and orange and black with white lining, with 6 different running numbers.The price being banded about at the moment is about ??40-??45 per coach.

Are you just interested in RTR stock or would you consider kits?Hunslet 102 . Posts: 58Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:22 am

Well i wouldn't mind to try a kit built loco / coach however all my spare time at the monment is taken up with getting to layout sorted but if you could let me know where i would get irish kit loco's i'd be grateful.

I will look up that Bachmann steamer though. hope it is dcc.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby Hunslet 102 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Paudie27

If you check out my reply post to a query re "Bachmann class 141/181" in Help and advice,you will find details of various suppliers with loads of different Irish stock.I am sure that Worsley Works does some steam stuff as well,best check their website for details.

There is also a RTR Jinty in NCC colours,I think it may have been made by Bachmann but I am not sure,but these still seem to be available from shops.

Good luck icon_biggrin.gifHunslet 102 . Posts: 58Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Took and bit of a break from my posts on here but at least i have done some work ( i say some) on the layout.

First tracks laid and pinned. Now i feel like progress has been made.

file.php?id=13015Pic 8.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 4079 timesLook some track finally laid!!!!!!!!!

The inner main line loop is finally laid. I am just waiting for some point motors the fix the last 2 turnouts and then hey presto one loop done. Well it has to be wired!!!

file.php?id=13016Pic 9.jpg (94.43 KiB) Viewed 4069 timesMain station

Platforms long enough for 3 coaches at the moment, going to make it long enough for four coaches.

file.php?id=13017Pic 10.jpg (95.71 KiB) Viewed 4048 timesRear view of the station.

file.php?id=13018Pic 11.jpg (79.92 KiB) Viewed 4035 timesBridges over troubled waters ( so troubled the river has dried up ).

My viaducts in place, i found those plaster piers by accident on e-bay and bought them for a different purpose but they actually fit quite well under the arches of the higher via duct.

file.php?id=13022Pic 12.jpg (103.65 KiB) Viewed 4013 timesLayout from the other side. Most of this track will be under a big mountain.

file.php?id=13023Pic 13.jpg (109.39 KiB) Viewed 3996 timesFinally got my DCC controller, Nearly time for some train running!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Next thing to do is get the outer Main line down and wire it up and then some testing, then more testing and then mabey the higher level will be attacked!!!!Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby SweeneyTodd » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Is that gaugemaster underlay ? under the track or peco ? can't tell from the pictures , but i'm a big fan of both ...

Great layout you have and lot's of space ... fantastic .

Shaun .I will never be an old man . To me old age is always 15 yrs older than i am .

Shaun's Barber Shop is nr Morrisons Dukinfield Cheshire file.php?avatar=2441_1236209383.jpg

SweeneyTodd . Posts: 324Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:51 pmLocation: Nr. Manchester UK

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:51 pm

It's peco underlay, I like it but i couldn't be bothered getting the turnout underlay and instead cut in the ajoining track. Have to cut it for the point motor anyway.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby SweeneyTodd » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:58 pm

Peco , i'm using the gaugemaster and it is allmost the same as the peco stuff but has ballast allready stuck on ...

It's foam and what i've found is using loose ballast along side it or on it is no problem , PVA glue brushed on , dosn't make it dissolve or break down , you can get a really nice effect ...

Shaun .I will never be an old man . To me old age is always 15 yrs older than i am .

Shaun's Barber Shop is nr Morrisons Dukinfield Cheshire file.php?avatar=2441_1236209383.jpg

SweeneyTodd . Posts: 324Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:51 pmLocation: Nr. Manchester UK

Cheers Shaun,

Was going to use 'N' gauge ballast on the foam but will try it out on a small area first. Looking forward to ballasting the station area but i have to get that darn testing done ( excuse to play trains) first.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

<H3 class=postbody>Re: Ardagh Layout

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:14 pm

The Scalescene model watering Tower just completed.

file.php?id=13065Tower.jpg (129.26 KiB) Viewed 3885 times

These are lovely kits to work with. Will have to download a few more from their site.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

Re: Ardagh Layouticon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Progress has been slow from the last post but have been working on my river scene.

First up is the bed of the river painted High Gloss blue. This was first given a under coat of white. I think it came up ok. Also on the picture are the supports to take the river banks.

file.php?id=14761Pic14.jpg (79.23 KiB) Viewed 3673 timesThe river crossing

Next i started adding the banks by infilling between the bank supports with paper and covering with plaster of paris.

file.php?id=14762Pic15.jpg (90.65 KiB) Viewed 3652 timesfile.php?id=14763Pic16.jpg (85.24 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

Next i added the banks up to the higher viaduct using the same method.

file.php?id=14764Pic17.jpg (90.74 KiB) Viewed 3621 timesfile.php?id=14765Pic18.jpg (76.38 KiB) Viewed 3611 times

The white finish is playing havoc with my camera but the next job is to paint these and hopefully these pictures will look better.

The track that is laid now have their dropper wires soldered on and have just to be connected to the power bus.

Some point motors have also been wired and also installed.

The wiring and soldering i find is the slowest but it is coming along.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

[/url]

<H3 class=postbody>Re: Ardagh Layout</H3>icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Woohoo, Great progress made, Finally have trains running on a continuous loop. Have the wires soldered up to the bus bar and hooked up back to the dynamsis controller. It works great.

I have a few problems with the point alignment on the curved sections, but i think looking at it the curves are just not meeting the points head on and hence the loco's are derailing.

I have 1 loco that can do the continuous loop so now i can spend some time playing trains. Will realign the track and get all loco's running.

Will post progress shots but this is a good point to reach. Took along time to get here.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby Brush47337 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Shame on you Paudie27 - you are making the rest of us look slow.

This all has a nice feel to it - liking it lot's.

See you have been "talking" with my mate Andy (Hunslet 102 on here) - we both live a mile apart - don't listen to him though he is one of those Irish guys!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I like the foam inclines - I used plywood, nails and Blood - yours look nice and clean - as usual I have been too heavy handed.

What make are the terraced shops / houses lurking at the back - I will need to make a few of these - maybe in around 6 years time at my current rate.

I don't follow Steam or Irish - but I am happy to bookmark your site here and keep returning - it has loads to offer.

Have you thought about BR Blue with Yellow Faces?

StuartMe?

Paranoid?

Have people been saying I am Paranoid?

If you are not easily offended by dodgy modelling have a squint at my layout "Blue with Yellow Faces" - in Layouts.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18206file.php?avatar=1999_1229459651.jpg

Brush47337 . Posts: 128Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:50 pmLocation: Sunny Glasgow

icon_post_target.gifby Hunslet 102 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Nice progress Paudie,really like the viaducts and river,everything is coming on well.

A 141 with cement bubbles would just adorn that viaduct brilliantly icon_smile.gif

But remember,dont listen to me,I'm just one of those Irish guys icon_winker.gifHunslet 102 . Posts: 58Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:17 am

Hey guys,

Good to hear from you,

Those shops are from the metcalf range and can be bought in either brick or stone. The detail on the inner shops is pretty good.

The inclines are from woodland scenics are are a bi@%h to send by post but there will give a good effect (i hope).

, oh i have thought about them and looked at them with all their lights and sounds, If i can get a diesel with early br markings with full DCC lights and mabey sound i will def go for one of them, I have also been looking at the Bachmann dmu in br green but i don't think it has directional lighting yet.

those new 141's are just beautiful and def going to get one, do you know where to purchase those cement wagons Hunslet?????Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby Patrick » Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 am

Model Irish Railways produce a kit of the cement bubble wagon. You can contact Ian McNally at:

12 Lynedale Grange

Portadown

Craigavon

Co. Armagh

BT63 5XB

Northern Ireland

Tel: 02838 339336 02838 339336 (from UK, use international +44 code and drop first zero, or use the '048' code from southern Ireland).Patrick Conboy

iag.jpg

Workbench: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8105

Irish Heritage Railway Group: http://www.heritagerailway.ie

New Irish Lines: http://www.newirishlines.org

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S Thompsonfile.php?avatar=1346_1247972631.jpg

Patrick . Posts: 425Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:17 pmLocation: Longford, Ireland

[/url]

<H3 class=first>Re: Ardagh Layout</H3>icon_post_target.gifby 48666 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Thatt river's going to look great. I really like the use of different height bridges to span it. I look forward to seeing it once you've got some colour on it icon_thumbsup2.gif8001 Bristol Cathedral

8001.jpg

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optionalwolf.jpg

48666 . Posts: 206Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:34 pmLocation: On the sofa in front of the laptop when I should be modelling

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey all,

Now that the summer has gone (what summer??) i am getting back into the layout. Boy i have taken quite some time off from it but now as the dark autumn / winter evening kick in i think i will have to progress the layout. On the advice of a number of me buddies on here i decided to go the irish angle on me layout but kept to the steam era. Although i think i will get a few of the early diesel's as well. Here is a pic ofthe first Irish passanger passing under the bridge.

file.php?id=31893P1040010.JPG (87.32 KiB) Viewed 2374 timesWhat a moment!!!!!!!!!!!!Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby Hunslet 102 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Paudie-well done on joining the Irish modelling scene,as I have said before,Ardagh deserves to have Irish engines with its name alone. icon_biggrin.gif

Keep the posts coming of your layout as it progress's,I still think some Irish diesels would not look out of place icon_thumbsup2.gif

By the way,there is a Bachmann N class steam loco on ebay at the moment,just in case you are still looking for some and maybe missed it.Hunslet 102 . Posts: 58Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:30 pm

icon_post_target.gifby Patrick » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Congratulations Paudie! That Woolie mogul looks smart in CIE green livery... now to weather it! icon_twisted.gif icon_winker.gif icon_lol.gifPatrick Conboy

iag.jpg

Workbench: http://www.rmweb.co....opic.php?t=8105

Irish Heritage Railway Group: http://www.heritagerailway.ie

New Irish Lines: http://www.newirishlines.org

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - Hunter S Thompsonfile.php?avatar=1346_1247972631.jpg

Patrick . Posts: 425Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:17 pmLocation: Longford, Ireland

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks Partick,

Need to weather the scenery first!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gifRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Some progress at last. I now have a second circut completed and wired up. Also the foam incliners are glued in place. I have also stated painting the plaster. First coat only.

Here are a few pic's.

view from under the bridge.

file.php?id=39236P25.jpg (75.85 KiB) Viewed 1945 times

file.php?id=39237P20.jpg (82.29 KiB) Viewed 1940 times

file.php?id=39238P21.jpg (75.42 KiB) Viewed 1944 times

file.php?id=39239P22.jpg (79.5 KiB) Viewed 1935 times

file.php?id=39240P23.jpg (104.95 KiB) Viewed 1938 times

file.php?id=39241P24.jpg (95.29 KiB) Viewed 1929 times

file.php?id=39242P26.jpg (94.31 KiB) Viewed 1928 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

Re: Ardagh Layout - moving again

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Hello all and Happy New Year,

It's been a while since i posted some shots on the form so here are a few progress shots. This layout is taking it's time to be done but Rome wasn't built in a day.

file.php?id=54078P27.JPG (94.05 KiB) Viewed 1708 timesFoam Incline in Place, The Foam tack-glue is the biz.

file.php?id=54079P29.JPG (89.85 KiB) Viewed 1705 timesRoadway support added

file.php?id=54080P30.JPG (90.68 KiB) Viewed 1706 timesNow the incline has the plaster cast on it.

file.php?id=54081P31.JPG (90.1 KiB) Viewed 1700 timesAnd incline with first coat of paint on it.

What has really slowed me down is that having laid alot of the track with Peco foam underlay, i now want to revert and use corkboard instead. I want to use fine ballast rather that the foam finish. I done this in sections so as not to have to relay all the track at once.

Outer track with the Corkboard underneath.

file.php?id=54083P32.JPG (75.79 KiB) Viewed 1692 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:10 pm

Hello all,

Just another update on the incline, saw a lovely embankment steps in the hobby shop and had to get it. Here it is installed on my incline.

file.php?id=54473P36.JPG (73.76 KiB) Viewed 1583 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

Re: Ardagh Layout - Moving again

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Hello,

Making more progress, Put the baseboard for the upper level together.

Cut out the holes for access for the lower level track and finished off the inclines. file.php?id=56264P35.JPG (89.16 KiB) Viewed 1437 times

The Base board is laid and checked for a good fit. file.php?id=56265P34.JPG (71.88 KiB) Viewed 1431 times

The base board is now fixed in place with supports and backing for the scenic's. file.php?id=56266P33.JPG (82.27 KiB) Viewed 1418 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Hello all again,

Another small bit of work done!

Getting the rest of the roadway in. file.php?id=5817141.JPG (101.21 KiB) Viewed 1275 times

file.php?id=58172'CIE' Class B181 arrives - This is just a beautiful Loco - Thank you 'Murphy Models'38.JPG (91.46 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

file.php?id=58173Loco B181 crosses the Viaduct39.JPG (131.38 KiB) Viewed 1271 times

file.php?id=58174B181 crossing the River Shannon!!!!40.JPG (99.39 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

file.php?id=58175Scalescenes.com Goods shed is located with the Cattle Dock42.JPG (92.05 KiB) Viewed 1254 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby Brush47337 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Nice progress Paudee27

Please keep going you have some nice touches on this - hope you don't run out of enthusiasim (nearly said steam there) which would have been easier to spell.

icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gif icon_clap.gifMe?

Paranoid?

Have people been saying I am Paranoid?

If you are not easily offended by dodgy modelling have a squint at my layout "Blue with Yellow Faces" - in Layouts.

http://www.rmweb.co....php?f=9&t=18206file.php?avatar=1999_1229459651.jpg

Brush47337 . Posts: 128Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:50 pmLocation: Sunny GlasgowTop

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Hey there Brush47377,

Many thanks for the comments.

No fear of me loosing enthusiasim (or enthusiasm). Just seemed to have no free time in feb to touch the layout. Also had to pay for that class 181. I have built a brewery building though and will now have to find a home for it on the layout. Have too many ideas in my head which means changing the initial plan of the layout. My biggest mistake was using the peco foam underlay. I have alot of it now taken up and replace with corkboard.

Also progress on yet another bridge has been made. Pic's will be up soon.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby SweeneyTodd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:34 pm

What was wrong with the underlay ? , i'm only asking because i stopped using it on the second part of my layout due to not being able to colour it and having a fear of it's life span .

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey Shaun,

Well i now want to use a Brown ballest and to me the underlay doesn't look right in the pictures. I am not changeing it everywhere but in certain areas like the main station and Goods Yard (which might now become my brewery).

It also doesn't last very well from what i have seen on other older layouts.Regards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby McC » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Any updates?McC New Poster

NewPoster.gif Posts: 24Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: Ardagh Layout - Latest Update

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Well it looks like the credit crunch had an impact on the progress of 'Ardagh Layout' for a wide number of reasons however here are a few new pics of the brewery building which was recently added.

file.php?id=81247Buildings just addedBrewery 1.JPG (71.86 KiB) Viewed 502 times

file.php?id=81248Brewery 2.JPG (74.54 KiB) Viewed 502 times

file.php?id=81250Brewery 3.JPG (101.83 KiB) Viewed 499 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

Re: Ardagh Layout - More Done

icon_post_target.gifby paudie27 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey all,

A further update, Some tarmac laid around the Brewery.

file.php?id=81899Brewery 1.JPG (108.48 KiB) Viewed 374 times

file.php?id=81900Brewery 2.JPG (82.93 KiB) Viewed 372 times

And the incline has got a bit of the plaster treatment. Would have more done but ran out of supplies!!!

file.php?id=81902Incline 1.JPG (71.05 KiB) Viewed 371 times

file.php?id=81903Incline 2.JPG (64.51 KiB) Viewed 369 times

file.php?id=81904Incline 3.JPG (62.25 KiB) Viewed 368 times

file.php?id=81905Incline 4.JPG (67 KiB) Viewed 370 timesRegards, Paudie

It's good to talk

Also look at

icon_post_target.gifby McC » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Really taking shape! Looking good!!McC New Poster

NewPoster.gif Posts: 24Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 pm

icon_post_target.gifby pauln » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Coming along nicely. I like the three level look of the river - that'll be really impressive when finished.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived