What kind of car is this?

Just what is, a "full size car"?

Best not forget, an awful lot of land speed record holders are 3 wheelers.

Morgan 3 wheelers still show a clean rear tyre to the million pound Bugatti's and Bentleys.

In our rush to make fun, or,even, criticise, 3 wheeled transport filled a need at the time, and still do.

And there's nowt more automotively awful than an Audi,surely? :)

That's our yard but a few years before I started , only Villiers engined cars at the front but there is a later Model 70 further back.

What year was this taken ? as there is a late crest Fowler tender between the withdrawn 24's .

Stewart .

I took it cos. of the tender. At a guess 1975-80 ish.

My Dad had one of these it had an 'E' reggie IIRC acquired new in 1968. He had it for thirty or so years and negotiated with the MoH (?) to keep it after the mobility allowance came in. He told me he didn't want a 'proper' car because he didn't want Mum to be with him! After I got a car I began to understand why.

He used to take it in for regular maintenance and apparently there were always bashed up ones due to RTAs. His was always spotless and he once got a letter after about twenty years of 'ownership' from the then Minister, Keith Joseph. It eventually went back because his eyesight deteriorated so he couldn't drive any more, but he was in his eighties by then.

Regards

I remember in 1975 driving from Montrose to Arbroath on a rather foggy morning.  Just after I passed Ferryden I ended up behind a very slowly driven (even by the standards for that type of vehicle) Invacar.  The visibility was not good enough for me to be able to pass it where I otherwise might have had a chance to.  That trip took me at least three times longer than usual.....

Archived