Obediah Culthrope Brewery

bertiedog

• RMweb Premium

Nice work so far.  I am watching with interest as half a side section of my plan includes a brewery based around these buildings and an old Airfix platform.

Edited by M.I.B

• 3 months later...

The Brewery plan is being revived, after I had problems with the card buildings, It takes a lot of work to get them realistic with the flat printing.

I had put it all aside to work on the L&B Woody Bay Station. but Heljan's infuriating delays with the L&B locos have brought my patience to an end, and the Brewery will be added to the Middlechurch Marsh light railway layout underway at the moment.

Part of the issue with the card buildings is the colour altering under the various lighting, it looks all right in daylight but CFL light is ghastly for the colours and matching any alterations. LED is better, but requires a mix of warm white and UV to get a daylight balance. The patching sheets do not exactly match the kit colours, slight but noticeable.

It needs very careful matching of the seams, and to arrange them away from the obvious joint positions.

The Brewery will be the feeder line to the Middlechurch line, and on a loop with sidings, to greatly increase the variety of traffic on the line generally.

• Like 1