Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Farmer's Drove late 70s in the fens

sf315

Hello all

All the wiring has been checked and all works as I want it to. The signal is in the process of being moved to the other side of the bridge and should be in position by the end of the week. This is due to having a running session. I have been giving the stock a run around the layout and seeing what fits where.

The attached pic shows a filled fiddle yard. The sidings at the bottom of the picture will hold the trains destined for the yard. Which the main traffic will be 12 ton vans for agricultural fertilizer, 4 wheel grain hoppers, 16 ton minerals for sugar beet traffic and a mixed train of air braked vans and polybulks.

post-5955-0-95814400-1497203561.jpg

• Like 6

Hello all

All the wiring has been checked and all works as I want it to. The signal is in the process of being moved to the other side of the bridge and should be in position by the end of the week. This is due to having a running session. I have been giving the stock a run around the layout and seeing what fits where.

The attached pic shows a filled fiddle yard. The sidings at the bottom of the picture will hold the trains destined for the yard. Which the main traffic will be 12 ton vans for agricultural fertilizer, 4 wheel grain hoppers, 16 ton minerals for sugar beet traffic and a mixed train of air braked vans and polybulks.

Nice variety of stock to be seen there!

Carl

• 1 month later...

Hello all

A few shots of the layout taken at last weekend's Lyddrail.

Pleased that the layout worked very well and even gained praise from Disgusting of Market Harbrough who was seen operating on more than one occasion. See Dave cake decoration trains and layouts are good.

There's still more detail work to be done on the layout but for a while it will take a back burner while I concentrate on other projects.

Thanks Steve.

post-5955-0-51260000-1500971620.jpg

post-5955-0-86780900-1500971631.jpg

post-5955-0-23230700-1500971650.jpg

post-5955-0-94613100-1500971662.jpg

• Like 6

Steve,

Nice pics. You forgot to mention you came first in the layout challenge, well earned.

Cheers.

Well earned indeed; I saw it at Lydd Rail on Sunday, and was very impressed. Nice to see N being used to give an impression of space, instead of being an attempt to cram the maximum into the least area.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

Great job, and many congrats on the award. Best cake decoration in show!

Sorry I couldn't make it to Lydd this year.

Is Farmer's Drove booked in for any exhibitions in the next few months? I'd defintely like to see it at some point...

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hello Ben

It's looking like the next outing for the layout is next June unless someone invites to to a show for early next year. I have been provisionally asked about DEMU showcase and of course as Dave mentioned Wrecrail both of which are in June.

Thanks to all for the comments about the layout from those at Lyddrail over last weekend.

Thanks

Steve

• 6 months later...

Hello all

Farmers Drove has been packed away since last July but with invites for exhibitions this year it’s time to finish the layout.

Not much work is required scenically but layout lighting and end covers are needed to present the layout and hide the fiddle yard a bit.

Scenic wise it’s a case of a bit more work on the greenery and extra details that I didn’t have time to do before Lyddrail last year.

The pic below is a recent one.

Thanks Steve

post-5955-0-78186100-1518248425_thumb.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

The main jobs have been done the layout lighting has been sorted and the ends of the layout have been covered over to hide the curves. The nameboard is in the process of being painted.

Work is now being concentrated on completing the scenery and adding small details.

The layout has 4 outings this year with its debut at DEMU Showcase in Burton in June. Followed by the wrecking crew’s event Wrecrail at the end of June in Market Harbrough. Then it’s a local show for me in Newcastle Staffs At St John’s charity model railway show at the end of July It’s last appearance of the year is at the Redditch show in September.

Hope to see some of you.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

With the weather being awful out I’ve been able to work on the layout and also a test running session.

The pic below sees a class 105 crossing the drain on its way to March.

Looking forward now to it’s first show.

Thanks Steve.

post-5955-0-08652300-1520013811_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Hello all

Just a couple more pics for you. 31109 working the Keeling trip from March.

In the fist pic it waiting to run round the train in Crowland Road station.

Second pic it’s placing the CGO grain hoppers ready for loading.

Thanks Steve

post-5955-0-82382600-1520073958_thumb.jpeg

post-5955-0-51486000-1520073987_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

Hello

Looking fine Steve. One of these days we will have to hope Farmers Drove and Fenchurch St Peter can be at the same show.

Cheers

George

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...