Cross posting

John K

I am alone in being mildly irked by the increasing number of people who are cross posting the same material to several forums.

I find that I am answering the same questions and looking at the same photos Here and on Western Thunder and on the Gauge O Guild Forum.

Would it be possible to mark this material in such a way that we know it's a cross post and don't waste time reading it again (and again).

It's not a big issue. If it doesn't trouble anybody else I'll just learn to live with it.

John

Hi John,

Not all modellers are on both sites (or all 3). So what I post here may not be seen 'there' and vice Versa.

I use the same name on both sites, so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone to chose if they read my content or not.

Kind regards,

Richard.

You are not alone John.

I get more than mildly irked when I try to provide an answer to a question and then find the same subject being discussed else where with the same OP.

By all means raise the matter on another forum if an answer is not forthcoming after a reasonable time lapse, but please do not raise a topic in two different places. Especially given the history between people on here and people in certain other places. A recent item regarding LNER war time livery being a case in point. Even a polite reference such as "I have raised this on xxx" would help.

Bernard

• 2 months later...

I dare you to post that on Western Thunder :jester:  :triniti:

Good heavens, why not???

Sandy

I dare you to say anything on there lol..

Mark J

Exactly - if you post anything that could be interpreted as not being supportive of their narrow 'fine scale' view of the world - you find yourself running into a headwind of opposition.

Exactly - if you post anything that could be interpreted as not being supportive of their narrow 'fine scale' view of the world - you find yourself running into a headwind of opposition.

Tend to get enough of that on here in any "track" thread. Life really is too short...

• RMweb Premium

Who cares where and how many times someone post something. I belong to several forums, and if I see the same thing coming up and I am interested in it I will view it to see if there is different or additional information or comments.

It would be nice if there as a single repository of information relating to model railways but that ain't gonna 'appen.

Archived