00 gauge Turntable help needed

Evening

I am looking to install a turntable onto a planned layout. I am looking for a small turntable available in 00. Peco turntable is too big. Something small as used on eastern region of British railways. Biggest locos that will run will be D16s. Probably about a 42ft turntable

Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Airfix/Dapol construction kit one too big?  If not, it's cheap, and easy to assemble; don't know about motorising but so long as you can extend the central shaft down through the baseboard it shouldn't be too difficult.  After all, if it was easy we'd all be doing it...

If you're looking to motorise a turntable I have used the products from http://www.locomotech.com/ successfully and I am very pleased with the result. There is an indexing unit available and I've found it to be very accurate as well as having a speed adjustment too.

There is very little noise from the unit as a whole and for a reasonable price too.

Here is a very quick video of the unit in action using a Peco turntable for which it was initially produced but I'm certain that it could be adapted to others if you feel capable.

And here is a longer video I took when it had advanced...

Obviously there are other systems and ideas but this one suited me based upon price and ease of use.

Archived